Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Banks exhaust has been making some terrible buzzing noises at certain RPM's under load, like going uphill and stuff. So I decided to unbolt the exhaust from the inlet to the muffler-back to check if it's the muffler. Low and behold the inside material of the muffler comes out when I shake it up and dump it out, and I can hear it swooshing around in the muffler. Left the Y pipe on and decided to take a drive, opened it up past some rock walls and DAMN it sounds mean! lol. Like open header muscle car-ish, real raunchy sounding. Maybe it was me but it also felt stronger. The road in my neighborhood was a little wet from a light sprinkle a little earlier and I had some fun with the slip light. Gonna have to get Banks to send me a new one now, too bad I can't just leave it with an open Y-pipe. Easily twice as loud with the open Y-pipe and way meaner sounding. This is motivating me to get some headers and run electronic cut-out's after the headers.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I bought my banks from a dealer on ebay and had some issues and they wouldn't replace anything because i didn't buy it directly from them. Let me know what they say.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
just have to have who ever you bought the banks from fax over a receipt so they can verify if was from a vendor then they will warranty it, you'll be atleast 2 weeks without muffler have fun,lol cause they will refuse to ship a new muffler till the old one is received..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts