Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well came out aftr lunch and in the parking lot at work some idiots busted up my truck. Knocked out the window and ripped off my door handle. then detroyed my dash.
Took my pioneer dvd/nav screen. Left my tech12 ported. but that thing is heavy as hell. I dont even wanna move it. Should i tell he insurance it was stock or an aftermarket in there?

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Don't lie....

·
Registered
940 Posts
That sucks! Good luck

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, i already told them it was after market. I was just flustered this morning and thinking crazy like they may not wanna pay for it if it wasn't stock. I loved my pioneer Avic700bt anyone got any good suggestions. I actually want the exact same thing so i dont have to learn anything new

·
Registered
811 Posts
They should pay for it either way. Make sure it is listed on the police report. I would replace it with the same model if you don't want to learn anything else. Sorry about your truck btw..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Make sure to do the police report. I had something similar happen and because I didn't file a report with the police right away the insurance company wouldn't do anything.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone had their T broke into and understand why the need to rip off the door handle?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
sucks bro, good luck getting it back together.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hard to believe no one seen that happen.. looks like with all the damage they made alot of noise. Rest assured one of those SOB's cut themselves doing that mess...

Good luck putting your truck back together and post some pics of the progress.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Damn dude. sorry to hear about that. hopefully it all gets replaced. ****in thieves.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you could have asked help to someone parking near you or look at the area if it has CCTV camera. If it has then that's a big help to track down those thieves.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Years ago I was adjusting my insurance policy and they said they would only cover aftermarket stuff up until a certain amount (forgot what) and above that you need a separate rider.

Good luck getting everything worked out and don't worry - karma will take care of the d-bags who did it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
that fn sux man! good luck!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
anyone had their T broke into and understand why the need to rip off the door handle?
Probably a crack head, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The truck is fairly easy to open, w/o even breaking the window.

YouTube - slimbowdemo.avi

Hopefully the insurance company will cover you. You can show them that a factory stereo & NAV costs several thousand dollars, if that is relevant.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, that slimbo looks easy as hell.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't wish this on anyone. You go to work all day so that you can buy what you want only to have an a$$hole take it. I wish you the best man and I hope there are cameras in the parking lot where you parked. Find those who did it and whip them with garden hoses and GI socks full of marbles (blanket party), then cut off their thumbs.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The F-sticks probably tried to do the handle entry thinking your Titan was a Chebby and ripped the handle off, then got frustrated and decided F-it! and shattered the window to get inside... As for reporting it to the Police, it only really helps if you can give them the make, model, and serial #'s so they can enter the property into the Stolen property System, most insurance companies do not require a police report for such things, but if you had high $$$ equipment, then Yes, file a police report so that the insurance company can't say you tried to commit fraud, especially in today's day and age...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Probably a crack head, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The truck is fairly easy to open, w/o even breaking the window.

YouTube - slimbowdemo.avi

Hopefully the insurance company will cover you. You can show them that a factory stereo & NAV costs several thousand dollars, if that is relevant.
Wouldn't the factory alarm go off? I locked mine with the fob one time while inside and unlocked it physically and the horn(alarm) went off. I also did the same and reached into the rolled down window to unlock it and the alarm went off as well.

Well came out aftr lunch and in the parking lot at work some idiots busted up my truck. Knocked out the window and ripped off my door handle. then detroyed my dash.
Took my pioneer dvd/nav screen. Left my tech12 ported. but that thing is heavy as hell. I dont even wanna move it. Should i tell he insurance it was stock or an aftermarket in there?
Sorry to hear. Was it parked in a public place with other cars? What abbout the factory alarm(horn) ....did it not go off?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Why not file a police report? It will only help i would think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts