Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is interested in a 2004 Morano, dealer demo. Sticker is 32,0000. to 34,0000.00 (I have not seen it yet, she just laid all this on me) It has 4000 miles on it. What kind of a deal can I expect to get on this? Do I negotiate from dealer incoice, then look for a further discount for the demo use? As I understand, there is currently $3,500.00 rebate, or 1%, would that apply to a demo? What other tips can you give me on this subject?

Paer 2- Would this be a leaseable vehicle should I not be able to get payment where I want on a buy? Would I still get 1% on a lease? If not, what would a good lease rate be? Give me your lease tips also please!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I would stay far away from demo vehicles...they get the living daylights beat out of them.

If you don't care about that, that's your perogative.

As far as pricing goes...I honestly would go for $2000-$3000 under invoice + free extended warranty + the good financing at the very least. If they give you some line of "trust me, it's still reliable, tell them to put their money where their mouth is.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was driven by the dealership owner, its not like it was handed out to the general public.

·
Registered
228 Posts
BiXLL said:
This was driven by the dealership owner, its not like it was handed out to the general public.
So far as you know, eh? I trust car dealers just as much as I trust lawyers and politicians.

Dan

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
40-Dan said:
So far as you know, eh? I trust car dealers just as much as I trust lawyers and politicians.

Dan
I had seen it when I bought my Titan. I asked salesman to get a hold of me if owner was going to get something else as he thought he was going to.

·
Registered
249 Posts
BiXLL said:
My wife is interested in a 2004 Morano, dealer demo. Sticker is 32,0000. to 34,0000.00 (I have not seen it yet, she just laid all this on me) It has 4000 miles on it. What kind of a deal can I expect to get on this? Do I negotiate from dealer incoice, then look for a further discount for the demo use? As I understand, there is currently $3,500.00 rebate, or 1%, would that apply to a demo? What other tips can you give me on this subject?

Paer 2- Would this be a leaseable vehicle should I not be able to get payment where I want on a buy? Would I still get 1% on a lease? If not, what would a good lease rate be? Give me your lease tips also please!
Current Factory Rebate on a 2004 Murano is $1000 or 2% APR up to 60 months.
Nissan doesn't give demo allowances to their dealers, so technically the cost for the dealer is the same. When the dealer chooses to put miles on a new vehicle, it will be up to them to justify the sale price at where ever they line it, which may or may not be any better than one without miles there or elsewhere. Leases don’t use Annual Percentage Rates, they use Money Factors which currently on Muranos through NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp) are; 24mo.- 39mo.=.00165, 42mo. .00105, 48mo. .00181, 60mo. .00199.

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
new-nissansDOTcom said:
Current Factory Rebate on a 2004 Murano is $1000 or 2% APR up to 60 months.
Nissan doesn't give demo allowances to their dealers, so technically the cost for the dealer is the same. When the dealer chooses to put miles on a new vehicle, it will be up to them to justify the sale price at where ever they line it, which may or may not be any better than one without miles there or elsewhere. Leases don’t use Annual Percentage Rates, they use Money Factors which currently on Muranos through NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp) are; 24mo.- 39mo.=.00165, 42mo. .00105, 48mo. .00181, 60mo. .00199.
Your ESP system is up and running. You answered as I was typing the suggestion.

:cheers:

·
Registered
249 Posts
40-Dan said:

Dan
There are good cops and bad cops, just as there are good lawyers and bad lawyers, good politicians and bad politicians. We all have a job to do, and in an imperfect world we won't be liked by everyone. I'll submit this though, I have learned over the years that where there are bad consumers there are also good ones, and I always begin any relationship with best regards and an optimistic hope for mutually beneficial relations. I hope most will regard us as a good dealer, but in an imperfect world there are sure to be a few that despite all our efforts won't. That's just life, I'll accept it and continue to work with all people trying to prove our worth and gain their freindship and trust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts