Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new truck and I am looking at the 08 titan. I have one question I am looking at the XE 4x4 with tow package and I know in the XE tow package doesn't come with the trailer mirror. Is it possible to have it installed by the dealership? Has anyone done this before? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
942 Posts
I know that on older model Titans, the tow mirrors can be installed, not sure of the set up on the 08 model though. Might want to do some research, if the setup is the same as prior year models, then you might be better off buying some online or from someone on this forum and installing them yourself, its not that difficult. Is the '08 you are buying going to have heated mirrors? If it is an XE, it probably won't, so you would lose that feature on the tow mirrors.
Best bet is to do some research, compare the '08 on the lot with a previous year model on the lot and see if they look the same as far as fit, shape, and compatability. I was looking at an '08, but bought an '05, fro what I remember, i did not see any differences in the mirror set-up, but you might want to double check since I was not particularly looking at the mirrors.

Good luck. :blueblob:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The 08's with tow package do not come with the tow mirrors ??? I dont know what the dealer will do for you but people on here swap them all the time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
The 08's with tow package do not come with the tow mirrors ??? I dont know what the dealer will do for you but people on here swap them all the time.
Mine did, have an SE though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will use the truck mainly for work. Is there a significant differences between the SE model and XE model as far as standard equipments?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
You can add the tow mirrors on a 08 XE, but you will have no power to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts