Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a 2005 Titan SE crew cab 4x4 truck 5.6 engine.

It has a rebuilt title with only 90,000 for 9,000.

It was light front end damage four years ago and 70,000 miles ago so i am ok on that.

My question is that i have never owned a nissan truck or now very much about them. Are the engines pretty reliable, and the rest of the truck too.

I have owned dodges and chevys in the past just want to know if the titan is comparable to those lines or should i spend my money eslewhere.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
I owned 2 Rams before I bought my first Titan in 05. The Titan is no less of a truck than any of the other half tons. I have been out pickup shopping again this week test driving Rams and Titans and man do I like both! Still probably leaning towards the T though.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Having a variety of many trucks through the years, IMO the Titan is by far the best 1/2 ton truck on the market. I am currently on my second T and can't wait until Nissan (hopefully) comes out with a new redesigned T. Indeed, I will be making it my third.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
In early model years the rear diff is weak, the rear shackles are poorly designed and the radiators have issues with cracking. Replace those and you have a truck that will last you forever. These trucks have soul if that makes any sense, definitely the most fun to drive out of the 1/2 ton selection

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have an opportunity to buy a 2005 Titan SE crew cab 4x4 truck 5.6 engine.

It has a rebuilt title with only 90,000 for 9,000.

It was light front end damage four years ago and 70,000 miles ago so i am ok on that.

My question is that i have never owned a nissan truck or now very much about them. Are the engines pretty reliable, and the rest of the truck too.

I have owned dodges and chevys in the past just want to know if the titan is comparable to those lines or should i spend my money eslewhere.

Thanks in advance
I think it depends on what you want to do with the truck. If you are using it for a work truck I'm not so sure an 05 with 90k is the truck. If you want to do some mods and have a kick a$$ ride you will love the Titan.
The engine is pretty solid very few problems reported. The 04-06 would probably have the most problems with the rest of the truck. Common issues would be exhaust manifolds cracking, radiator leaks, power steering line leaks, brakes, rear end failures, axle seal leaks, front dif issues, blown struts/shocks, etc... I've had half of the things listed fail on my 05 in the 5 1/2 years since I purchased it new. I'm at 70k now and I expect the rest to fail at 90-100k. I've never owned a truck before so to me this seems like a lot of issues but others on this forum say Chevy's and Dodge are the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts