Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
:eeeek: I'm not going to win this one obviously.

rcflier_97:

Our deals are $500 UNDER dealer invoice, not $200.

Please read your private messages and from now on please post any questions pertaining to New-Nissans.com deals in either the Sales Questions thread or in our Sticky thread titled, Buy ANY New Nissan Titan for $2,000 BELOW Dealer Invoice! Thank you.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
Sounds like Shane from my local ADV Nissan... Welcome!

I'll vouch for the great, no hassle deals from www.new-nissans.com.

It's where I bought my truck. I only got $1000 below invoice - looks like their pricing has become even better in the last few months!

Anyone who flies in to SEATAC to buy a Titan from www.new-nissans.com PM me - I'll pick you up from the airport and give you a ride to get your new Titan!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
radiokid said:
You know I have never taken the time to read the whole story, still haven't. I will say the little that I have read cracks me up! Very Funny! I will also add that this writer either is very good at exaggerating and twisting the facts or he found one of the worst examples of professional auto salesmanship in the industry. Don’t get me wrong, he states lots of truths, in fact there were some things he talked about that he may not of even fully understood what all was truly happening, for good or bad. Anyway, he was very descriptive and captured my attention from the very beginning the way he pulled you into the world of auto dealers and living the life of a salesman.

Keep in mind that had he found a straight up, good and ethical dealer, it would not have made for a good and entertaining story.

·
Banned
18 Posts
The overall "tone" with your messages seems rather smarmy, like we, the readers, should worship you for giving us this invaluable information. A lot of what you say doesn't sound quite right. Don't get me wrong, I really like good deals, but you have a suspicious ring to you. But hey, I guess you're a car dealer, right! I regards to your "Buy ANY New Nissan Titan for $2,000 BELOW Dealer Invoice!" Maybe you should not go so far below invoice so you save some cash and go hire a better web designer and have a site that actually LOOKS professional. I know 12 year olds that can put together a better page than the on you have! And that ain't sayin' much!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
mmulcahy1 said:
The overall "tone" with your messages seems rather smarmy, like we, the readers, should worship you for giving us this invaluable information. A lot of what you say doesn't sound quite right. Don't get me wrong, I really like good deals, but you have a suspicious ring to you. But hey, I guess you're a car dealer, right! I regards to your "Buy ANY New Nissan Titan for $2,000 BELOW Dealer Invoice!" Maybe you should not go so far below invoice so you save some cash and go hire a better web designer and have a site that actually LOOKS professional. I know 12 year olds that can put together a better page than the on you have! And that ain't sayin' much!
The suspicious ring to me is probably the objective view point I offer, speaking from the dealer's
perspective as well as acknowledging the consumer's perspective. Your statement of, "we the
people," would imply that you represent all the people here and I couldn’t help but notice that
you haven’t participated much on Titan Talk. Read all the posts here and you will see that at
least, some people have interest in this discussion, I'll let everyone decide for themselves. I’m not
sure where you are coming from, but it sounds like you don’t really care much for my message.
Like I have said before, not everyone will like all that I say. I’m not into bashing consumers or
entering into character assassination battles, as over the years I have listened to consumer and
salespeople and have learned to appreciate their respective viewpoints even when the consumer’s
opinion of me was not favorable. After all, good deal or not, I represent what a lot of consumers
despise; auto dealers and salespeople. As far as your attempt to insult my web design or lack of, I
have little response for you, as I’m only going to address the more mature part of your
statements. I’ll let the members and our customers decide if the content of our site is more
important than the presentation. Regardless it is my hope that where the web site may not be the
most pretty, hopefully it is useful for members and consumers in general.

·
Registered
363 Posts
mmulcahy1 - Even though I have not purchased a Titan yet (waiting for the 05'), I have gone to Advantage Nissan several times to look at their Titans. I have not personally met Adam Smith or "new-nissansDOTcom" (maybe Adam Smith is new-nissansDOTcom?), but I will tell you that I have visited 6 other Nissan dealers in the Puget Sound area and so far Advantage Nissan has been the most courteous, least pushiest and straight shooters then the rest. The past weekend I asked one of the salesmen at Advantage Nissan about the $500 below invoice offered on their internet site and from what I heard, it sounds true. In addition I work with a guy who bought a Titan from Advantage Nissan back in March when they had the dollar below invoice deal. He told me there were no hassles with the deal and he was in and out of the dealership within an hour of test driving the truck. In addition he says their maintenance department has been great and they have given him multiple free oil changes for the hell of it...my Honda dealer has never done this for my wife’s car! Anyways, even though their website doesn’t look impressive, I would have to say from my experience and others I have talked to that these folks are pretty decent to deal with, but I will let you know for sure when I take them up on this offer when the 05’ come out.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Hello, NissanDot,
First off, I DID NOT say "we the people," although it does sound great in the Constitution. I said "we the readers," referring to those using this particular portion of this massive website. Secondly, I don't write or respond to a lot of things in the threads located in TitanTalk; I read to gain knowledge and perspective... so don't be so touchy, you sound like a damned politician... and I've already had enough of those guys (gals) for this year.

What I'm most interested in from you is the straight poop of how ordinary people in other parts of the country, no offense to the great state of Washington, can successfully deal with sales people who may not be as nice and "no haggle" as you.

Example: What should I really pay for a SE CC 4X4? And should I really factor in all the options that I may or may not want? Some of these things are dealer add ons. So what should one do in the event he can't come to you?

In regards to your website, I went there to learn more. Clicked on the Titan link and it gave me one thing to look at... no depth, no substance. Please note, that my comment on your website was and is a critique, not a criticism.

Thank you for your time.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
mmulcahy1 said:
What I'm most interested in from you is the straight poop of how ordinary people in other parts of the country, no offense to the great state of Washington, can successfully deal with sales people who may not be as nice and "no haggle" as you.

Example: What should I really pay for a SE CC 4X4? And should I really factor in all the options that I may or may not want? Some of these things are dealer add ons. So what should one do in the event he can't come to you?
The best, no haggle way to deal with car dealerships when buying a new car is to either call or email them, asking for their internet sales dept. Tell the internet guy you want to buy a Titan at $500 below invoice (plus the $1500 cash back).

He'll either say YES or he'll say NO. If he says YES, you go buy a new truck. If he says NO, you call the next dealership.

Easy, simple, no haggle.

Two good sites to get invoice pricing are:
http://www.edmunds.com
http://www.intlauto.com

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
mmulcahy1 said:
Hello, NissanDot,
First off, I DID NOT say "we the people," although it does sound great in the Constitution. I said "we the readers," referring to those using this particular portion of this massive website. Secondly, I don't write or respond to a lot of things in the threads located in TitanTalk; I read to gain knowledge and perspective... so don't be so touchy, you sound like a damned politician... and I've already had enough of those guys (gals) for this year.

In regards to your website, I went there to learn more. Clicked on the Titan link and it gave me one thing to look at... no depth, no substance. Please note, that my comment on your website was and is a critique, not a criticism.

Thank you for your time.
You know, I was just about to edit the, “we the people” part and change it to
the correct statement of “we the readers.” I guess, I thought it sounded
better. Hey, it’s semantics anyway. I have invested a lot of time visiting lots
of auto dealer web sites. In fact we have one. I will not disagree that it isn’t
pretty. I designed it myself using point and click type stuff, as my php and
html programming lacks a little, ok a lot! So anyway, as far as the content, it
will evolve as time goes on. It’s only 6 month old, and up until a month ago it
consisted of only 2 pages. Now, back to the visiting lots of auto dealer web
sites. Other than the fact that everyone had pretty and informative product
ligature on their sites, not ONE, that I found had the “BOTTOM LINE,” straight
forward pricing program that they offered, if they did offer one. According to
several online studies that I have seen over the years; between 70-80% of all
online users, say that the most important information that they seek online
when in the market for a new automobile is... PRICE! So I figured, that I
would start there, and as time goes on, if it is successful, I can then eventually
get a pretty site, with lots of neat features, more information and other things
too. For now, it is really mostly informing you how New-Nissans.com pricing
program works. It gives you some examples which based on your last post
you saw. So many customers have told me over the years that they hate,
despise and absolutely dread the games that dealers and salespeople play. I
have taken all the mystery out of the otherwise, all too common process.
Even online, you must email a dealer to get a bottom line quote. They don’t
always tell you invoice, which by the way, ANY dealer unwilling to tell you
and show you the invoice on the vehicle that they are quoting you on is more
often than NOT, hiding something important; deceiving you! There are
exceptions, we are one and there are more, but as a rule, all too many are less
than straight with their prospective customers.
As far as what you should pay... AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE! That is the only
position that I would expect a savvy consumer to have. What’s fair to the
dealer?- $500 UNDER dealer invoice to us.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
GoCougsKev said:
mmulcahy1 - Even though I have not purchased a Titan yet (waiting for the 05'), I have gone to Advantage Nissan several times to look at their Titans. I have not personally met Adam Smith or "new-nissansDOTcom" (maybe Adam Smith is new-nissansDOTcom?), but I will tell you that I have visited 6 other Nissan dealers in the Puget Sound area and so far Advantage Nissan has been the most courteous, least pushiest and straight shooters then the rest. The past weekend I asked one of the salesmen at Advantage Nissan about the $500 below invoice offered on their internet site and from what I heard, it sounds true. In addition I work with a guy who bought a Titan from Advantage Nissan back in March when they had the dollar below invoice deal. He told me there were no hassles with the deal and he was in and out of the dealership within an hour of test driving the truck. In addition he says their maintenance department has been great and they have given him multiple free oil changes for the hell of it...my Honda dealer has never done this for my wife’s car! Anyways, even though their website doesn’t look impressive, I would have to say from my experience and others I have talked to that these folks are pretty decent to deal with, but I will let you know for sure when I take them up on this offer when the 05’ come out.
I'm glad to hear that your experiences with our staff have been positive. I also wanted to thank you for sharing that with us. I did want to let you and other know, that the only one authorized to honor the $500 UNDER is Adam Smith, other than myself. The sales people on the floor that you have dealt with, where courtious, they are only paid on commission. I would appreiciate it when visiting us to test drive, or obtain other product and sales information, that you would only deal with Adam. Hope you understand, and I'm glad to hear that you are excited about the 05 Nissan Titan and plan on buying from us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New-Nissans.com,
As we are at month's end what is Nissan doing this next month (Oct) for Titans(specifically remaining 04's) as far as rebates and whatnot? Though quite possibly sales tactics, I've been told the $1500 rebate ends with September. What does the financing look like for someone with top/good credit? Thanks for whatever you can dig up.

Lee

PS From someone in the auto and internet business (long story) my compliments on your presence and intereractions with the guests here...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Lee:

It's true, rebates ended. Now it's $2000! We have no real way tp predict exactly what the factory is going to do. It's always a gamble, and I've seen customers win and lose on rebate changes. If you waited, then for now, you're in a better position, but what they do as the month progresses and ends, we'll have to see.
Somewhere in our New-Nissans.com I addressed the financing question. It's somewhat a difficult answer as we do business with so many credit unions, lenders and banks. Each has their criteria and A1 credit can have its variables too.
Thanks for the compliments, I apprieciate them!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My question is around extended warrenties. The dealer I purchased my Titan from sold me a Gold Preferred Package declaring the following (1) The price is set by Nissan and is non-negotiable and (2) This package is the only package available to me because I have my own financing (I didn't use dealer financing options). Are his statements true? There is lots of information available about car pricing, are there any avenues for consumers concerning warrently pricing (I suspect the prices are negotiable)? How is the warrenty game actually played?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Eli said:
My question is around extended warrenties. The dealer I purchased my Titan from sold me a Gold Preferred Package declaring the following (1) The price is set by Nissan and is non-negotiable and (2) This package is the only package available to me because I have my own financing (I didn't use dealer financing options). Are his statements true? There is lots of information available about car pricing, are there any avenues for consumers concerning warrently pricing (I suspect the prices are negotiable)? How is the warrenty game actually played?

(1) The price is set by Nissan and is non-negotiable.

New-Nissans.com- NOT TRUE! They do set the dealers cost, but the price that the dealer presents to you is up to them! See our prices to compare.

(2) This package is the only package available to me because I have my own financing (I didn't use dealer financing options).

New-Nissans.com- That is illegal!!! They are tying the financing to a product. This is similar to what Microsoft was being sued for; tying Windows to Explorer. Very illegal!!! So they say something like, “This is the price should you finance elsewhere, and this (lower price) is the price should you finance through one of our lenders.” There are many ways to present it, and or to imply it, regardless, it is very illegal! 60 minutes did a report on these scrupulous auto dealers, and that was one of many unethical and illegal tactics they commonly used. NOTE: Not that 60 minutes is ethical themselves.

(3) There is lots of information available about car pricing, are there any avenues for consumers concerning warranty pricing (I suspect the prices are negotiable)? How is the warranty game actually played?

New-Nissans.com- See our prices. Sticky: New-Nissan.com's Extended Nissan Security Plus Warranty Coverage Offers and yes, everything is negotiable until one party, you, the dealer or the bank says they are done and don’t want to negotiate anymore, take it or leave it. Sounds like that is what happened.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Adam,

I'm ordering a new 05 titan from a dealership in Idaho (They say it won't come in until late Jan). Since they are ordering what I want and it will be right in front of me when I go to negotiate... Do you think I will end up getting "Owned" as far as my negotiating power at that point?

Also, if I end up hating thier deal, and I decide to go to new-nissians.com and buy from you, can you purchase the truck from the dealer in Idaho and let me buy it from you? How would that work???

Thanks Adam,

Adam

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Adso said:
Hey Adam,

I'm ordering a new 05 titan from a dealership in Idaho (They say it won't come in until late Jan). Since they are ordering what I want and it will be right in front of me when I go to negotiate... Do you think I will end up getting "Owned" as far as my negotiating power at that point?

Also, if I end up hating thier deal, and I decide to go to new-nissians.com and buy from you, can you purchase the truck from the dealer in Idaho and let me buy it from you? How would that work???

Thanks Adam,

Adam
You should have already agreed on a price, and the details of the deal. In otherwords, we will only order a truck specifically to a customer's request once we have finalized any and all negotiations.

Why wait to find out? Call them and ask them, and if you like it then put a deposit on it.

Have you gotten a quote from us yet? It would take you less then a day to come here, pick your truck up and return home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They tried to pin me down, but I thought it was weird that they started price negotiations with me before I had seen the truck. I told them basically, "no way". They started the deal as 1000 over invoice and I laughed. Personally I thought that 500 over was fair but they wouldn't go down that far. The best they could do was 750 over invoice. So I said, here's your 500 bucks for a deposit, order the truck and we will talk later. They agreed.

I have not gotten a quote from you yet. Maybe I'll just go and do that. I think I can get my 500 bucks back.

Thanks Adam

Adam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you guys already have what I want???

05 LE 4x4 CC, NAV, DVD, Sunroof, None of the utility track crap (bed extender, dividers etc), Big Tow, Offroad. Bed Tube Rails, BLACK exterior, BLACK Interior

Don't tempt me man...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts