Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another question about the intake i just installed...under acceleration, there is a buzzing sound that wasn't there before...doesn't last long, and only does it under load. anyone had this?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
What brand CAI?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k&n....i posted a question about the fitment last night that's a few posts down

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I would have to hear it in person to know if it is normal or not. Many intakes have a loud resonance under load.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the "roaring" type noise is fine, and i actually expected that since i've heard it before on my other vehicles.....but this is more of a metal to metal or plastic to plastic type buzzing/rattling noise. i just went out there and saw i had some leftover weatherstrip seal stuff that came with the kit..so i put some of that around the heat shield thinking that maybe when under load, the intake tube may be torquing with the engine and rubbing the heat shield. other than that, i am at a loss...can't go test it out at the moment because i'm by myself with the baby and he's napping..lol

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
If the intake is still touching the fan shrod like you stated in your other post theres a good chance that is were the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the intake is still touching the fan shrod like you stated in your other post theres a good chance that is were the noise is coming from.
that's what I thought at first too....but it's not coming from inside the engine compartment it seems...sounds like it's around the base of the windshield, wondering if it might be my radar detector rattling...never did that before though. lol:huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts