Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been struggling with the front end rattle for years now. In the past I didn't know what it was and checked various conections points on the front of the truck. This past spring I determined that it was the ant-swaybar endlinks. I didn't want to replace them becuase they aren't cheap and they don't seem to be of high quality. Well, yesterday I had enough clunking and rattling, so I stopped off at the stealership and bought a set.

The install was simple (thanks Mr. Impact Wrench), and my rattle is gone! I suspect I'll get 1-2 years out of this fix before it comes back.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What were the symptoms of this rattle? Recently I've picked up a faint rattle over small bumps in the road. It seems like it's coming from the left front side. Since it's only on very small bumps, it might make sense that it's the ends of the swaybar as larger bumps would engage the swaybar.

My particular rattle sounds like plastic on plastic. I've ruled out bumper mounts, fog lights, mudflaps, running boards, airbox, engine shroud, aftermarket grille, shelf in locking bedside storage, and HID ballasts.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what to tell you, but my symptoms were felt in the steering wheel and floorboard.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
What were the symptoms of this rattle? Recently I've picked up a faint rattle over small bumps in the road. It seems like it's coming from the left front side. Since it's only on very small bumps, it might make sense that it's the ends of the swaybar as larger bumps would engage the swaybar.

My particular rattle sounds like plastic on plastic. I've ruled out bumper mounts, fog lights, mudflaps, running boards, airbox, engine shroud, aftermarket grille, shelf in locking bedside storage, and HID ballasts.
my skid plate was making noise. kick it and see if it's loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts