Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All, I know this is a long shot but I thought it might be worth looking into. Over the summer I experienced some overheating and checked into the obvious issues such as coolant and whatnot but everything looked fairly normal. The over heating would occur when the temps outside got around the 30c (86f) mark and higher after about half an hour of driving with AC on. When the weather was cooler out I would not experience overheating, Even when pulling a 2500lb tent trailer through the mountains for 6 hours. For the last while I have been getting a musky skunky smell so I decided to replace my cabin air filters. They were so caked with dirt and debris that I cannot imagine much ait getting past them but what concerned me was the giant ball of debris jammed in with the filters which can be seen in the attached picture, I could not believe how great my heat works and how hard the air blows out of the vents now, It made me wonder about everything being so clogged if that was somehow related my to overheating with AC on, Does anyone have any experience of insight into this possibility?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
It's possible. That blockage would cause pressure against the motor trying to get air through the vents which would lead to it running more.

Reactions: CalcityRenegade

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was kind of what I was thinking! But of course the weather has gotten too cool for me to test out this theory.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe a dumb question but where do i find my cabin air filter?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe a dumb question but where do i find my cabin air filter?
1. Open the glove box. 2. Find retractable string on side of glove box and slide knob forward and pull out of glove box and allow to slowly retract. 3. Slide out 2 plastic pins on very bottom of glove box. 4. Move glove box out of your way. Inside compartment will be a longish but skinny door secured with a bolt (8MM or 10MM), Unscrew this bolt and remove small door. 5. Pull out 1st air filter towards you and then slide second filter to the drivers side and pull it out (Make sure to note air flow direction on old filter). 6. Clean out any debris inside the filter housing if any. 7. Insert new filters and put everything back together reverse the take apart instructions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Roger that guys. Thanks for the instructions. Holy cow, those are filthy. Went ahead and did my other two vehicles. Huge allergy attack after doing all three cars. Now I need to buy replacement or make a modified one like someone on here did with a house filter from Lowes/Home Depot. GOD, I cant believe how dirty it was.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I made mine out of the "make your own" filters from Home Depot. I clean them about every 6 months, but I have to replace the filter media every second time if not every time because it wears out when you wash it. So if you go that route save the filter media, you'll need it!

Reactions: Pickle-Smooch

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neat idea Lax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts