Nissan Titan Forum banner

Cabin Air Filter Restricting Air Flow?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jamieplewis 
#1 ·
I've read several threads regarding the Titan Cabin Air Filters (some have them some don't, etc.). I have an '04 CC LE which apparently came with them. Ever since I purchased the truck, I've noticed that the air flow from the vents has been weak. Assuming the filters were in need of replacement, I put new ones in with no significant changes in air flow. I've used different filters and none of them seem to improve air flow. I've removed them and now and the air flow now will blow your hair back. I'd like to utilize the cabin air filters but it seems they choke out the air flow. I've got two questions:

1. Is there a cabin air filter that is effective but doesn't restrict or lessen the air flow?

2. Is there any harm from not using them?

Thanks for the input!

#2 ·
I had filters in mine the whole time. I never noticed a lack of airflow.

I don't see any major reason that not using them would be detrimental. The only downside is you'll have more dust in your vents and in the cab. As I recall, the XE trim didn't have come with the filters.

#3 ·
You may have the vent door, heater box, actuator issues so many have with these trucks. My 05 recently started doing this, too. When air is supposed to flow through the dash vents, it seems obstructed. Then I started having the woodpecker clicking sounds. This weekend I get to remove the dash to address.

Here are some videos I have found to be helpful:

#4 ·
You may have the vent door, heater box, actuator issues so many have with these trucks. My 05 recently started doing this, too. When air is supposed to flow through the dash vents, it seems obstructed. Then I started having the woodpecker clicking sounds. This weekend I get to remove the dash to address.

Here are some videos I have found to be helpful:

Awesome info I will be doing this soon take it apart I must I have heat cold changed filter fan resistor still not blowing good barely going to try this great bideos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.