Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used engine/tire cleaner at the car wash and then sprayed the engine bay with tire shine:) I love the shiny engine bay:)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Bet that'll look shiny at night with your new light from jb.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Looks great nice and shiny. You do any prep work or just use the engine/tire cleaner? Ive been wanting to "wash" my engine bay but have been afraid of messing things up.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great nice and shiny. You do any prep work or just use the engine/tire cleaner? Ive been wanting to "wash" my engine bay but have been afraid of messing things up.
I've always been a little afraid too but after talking to a couple buddies I just sprayed everything trying to not spray the air filter and MAF sensor but even the maf sensor is pretty safe because it has a good seal around it. I didn't do any prep work just make sure you spray it and let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes at least. I sprayed the piss out of it:) Make sure the engine is off and warmed up good. I also let it sit for a couple minutes before starting it.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bet that'll look shiny at night with your new light from jb.
Just got done looking at it. My wife kept yelling at me to hurry up because she was cold. LOL I was looking at the awesome shine in the new light:) Can't wait to get my red led strip from JB. I'm going to put it right next to the white strip and run both of them to a toggle switch so I can pick what color I want on track nights.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Dang, look at the shine. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks good man. Need to do mine. I have never used engine shine, but I degrease every now and then.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks good.

I cleaned mine pretty good at the end of the day yesterday and it was dirty by the time I got home. Dam melting snow all over the roads still.. Its going to have melting snow= running water across the roads for a week.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I forget how nice our engine bay looks. I guess I got a project for tomorrow. Nice job deer

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Great job deerslayer! Glad to see there is nothing to worry about spraying tire shine in the engine bay... I have been looking at an alternative location for the "show" light strip and may be applying it in plain view up on the forward section of the hood... from what I understand the colored strips are black (unilluminated) so it will not look too outta place... I want the show light to be able to really shine through to the ground and looking up from under my lifted Titan, the gap between radiator and engine is the perfect spot, just got to line it all up with hood open... ;)

EDIT: Cancel that hood application idea, used a flashlight and it gets obstructed by forward undercarriage and skid plate. :(

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great job deerslayer! Glad to see there is nothing to worry about spraying tire shine in the engine bay... I have been looking at an alternative location for the "show" light strip and may be applying it in plain view up on the forward section of the hood... from what I understand the colored strips are black (unilluminated) so it will not look too outta place... I want the show light to be able to really shine through to the ground and looking up from under my lifted Titan, the gap between radiator and engine is the perfect spot, just got to line it all up with hood open... ;)

EDIT: Cancel that hood application idea, used a flashlight and it gets obstructed by forward undercarriage and skid plate. :(
I'll try & come up with a spot too. I think he shipped my red yesterday:) I took my skid plate off:)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Look at what you started. Spent 2 hours on it today.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you do the engine bay Scotty? C'mon man post a pic of it!! LOL

·
Registered
766 Posts
Look at all these clean beasts...Im jealous, its raining down here...

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Yes I did. I'll have to get you pictures tomorrow, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I was waiting for my Ingen CAI which is MIA :( According to UPS it's on it's way. It's been on the way for two weeks now. Stupid UPS. So, here' what I got so far.

I'll have more when I get my Ingen installed. I'm thinking about painting my manifold cover when I take it off. I already painted the radiator cover white. I'll have the grill mod installed tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts