Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 PRO4X. I want to get a CAI and exhaust for it to add power/torque. I don't really want something extremely loud. I drive a lot of highway miles for work and hobbies, and definitely don't want cabin drone above 45 MPH. Is anyone running a setup they think fits this description? I have only seen about 1000 different options, but am wondering what you experienced people think. Price isn't too much of a concern, but I don't want to overpay for crap. Quality is definitely more important than cost.

I will probably get it tuned after I get these installed.

·
Premium Member
73,095 Posts
Power/ torque gains are minimal. Drone follows intake and exhaust mods other than stock.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
666 Posts
As said above, if you don't want any drone, don't get a CAI and/or aftermarket exhaust. You can minimize drone depending on which system you buy, but it will be there to at least some extent with anything other than OEM.

I installed an Airaid MXP cai when I replaced my cracked exhaust manifolds with JBA long tube headers and Cajun heavy metal b-pipes. From the b-pies back, the exhaust system is OEM. The drone isn't terrible, but it's there. I'll probably add a Vibrant Ultra-quiet resonator at some point. But for now, I'm still enjoying the extra noise when I punch the gas.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Heck, I have drone at 1500-1700rpm on my bone stock 2011 Pro4X. It's part of the deal with a V8 motor these days, with all the emissions stuff. Adding a new exhaust just moves the ram range sometimes and it can be abated mostly with the right setup. But louder is louder no matter how you cut it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A resonator makes a big difference in drone. I just had the exhaust after the muffler replaced under warranty and the a-holes didn’t put the factory resonator back in. I didn’t have any drone before. Now it’s quite noticeable. Taking it back next week to get it fixed, hopefully they haven’t chunked my old exhaust yet.

·
Read Only
67 Posts
To the OP! Why don't you just get it tuned and save your money for something else. Because if you put on a CIA and exhaust your going to get drone. Then your going to get a resonator or two if you go with a true dual exhaust. For what a few extra ponies and torque you'll barely even notice. I love it when you guys with deep pockets visit the shop!

·
Premium Member
2013 Pro-4X - Graphite Blue Metallic
355 Posts
I just completed my setup
Injen CAI
After cat X-pipe
Dual Magnaflows

I am tickled pink with how it came out. A good low end rumble, slight drone, but quite quiet at 45-up, unless giving throttle. I did not want an obnoxious drone or growl either. Happy with what mine did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just completed my setup
Injen CAI
After cat X-pipe
Dual Magnaflows

I am tickled pink with how it came out. A good low end rumble, slight drone, but quite quiet at 45-up, unless giving throttle. I did not want an obnoxious drone or growl either. Happy with what mine did.
That sounds about perfect. Thanks for your input, I'm glad you have a set up that works!

·
Premium Member
2013 Pro-4X - Graphite Blue Metallic
355 Posts
Also, a key component to this was modifying the injen intake…look at my “injen question” thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts