Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the major difference between the Brute force and the S&B intakes? Which one makes more power?, and which one is louder?

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Not familiar with the S&B, but the Brute Force uses a dry filter (no oil) so I'd consider it top of the heap right now.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
bruteforce is also not plastic tube like the s&b. Havent heard the s&b but im guessing it gives a slightly different sound (on mine you can almost tell its metal by the sound it makes).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The AEM is much louder. Either one is about the same in the horsepower category.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I have a FramBoost (AEM twin), and after all the research it seems to give just a little more HP and Torque. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Oh, and it's only loud when you stomp on it, other than that it sounds stock.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I keep hearing about the S & B and AEM intakes.....I got a K & N, is that one good?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
roy365 said:
We were hoping you would tell us?:paranoid:

The K & N is good, I get the impression the S & B is better. The K & N sounds awesome at 6000 RPM

·
Registered
250 Posts
another vote for aem i have it and love it

·
Registered
422 Posts
the s&b is only loud when u really stomp on it...otherwise its relatively quiet

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got my s&b today and I am putting it on tomorrow I will see what it does and let everyone in on it.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
titanle said:
the s&b is only loud when u really stomp on it...otherwise its relatively quiet

That's correct, sounds like stock till you push the pedal down. Normal driving and you won't know it's there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
S&B owner here. I went S&B based on their filters not +/- a quarter HP between different CAI's. Keep the dirt out of your engine!

Here's S&B's latest - click on the "view test results" on the lower right and you will see a direct filter comparison between AEM dry, and an S&B (among others).

http://www.thetruthaboutfilters.com/

·
Registered
335 Posts
toadbee said:
S&B owner here. I went S&B based on their filters not +/- a quarter HP between different CAI's. Keep the dirt out of your engine!

Here's S&B's latest - click on the "view test results" on the lower right and you will see a direct filter comparison between AEM dry, and an S&B (among others).

Thats interesting. lots of good filter comparisons here. really makes AEMs dryflow seem like crap.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
toadbee said:

Good find Toadbee, just an added plus to their very good 1/4 mile performance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have the S&B and I love it. Slightly louer than stock during normal driving, but that B!tch is loud when you get on it. Installation was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I installed the S&B yesterday and it is a real pile os sh*t. the fitment is bad and under wot it sounds like a machine gun. I already have back in its box and I will be on the phone monday morning with S&B customer service for an RMA #.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts