Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
All the crap the Weapon-R makes for the SRT community is garbage...so I imagine this isn't far off.

·
Registered
723 Posts
From the auction description:

Cold Air Intake with size of Short Ram
Authorized Weapon-R distributor
The air filter can be totally taken apart and cleaned. The foam is denser and more thicker than the Dragon filter.
The velocity stank (Does it smell bad?) inside the air filter is a TRUE VELOCITY STACK. The Air filter has Ram Air capability, by hooking up the hose to the top of the air filter. (Hmm, a hose is all I need on top of my filter to make it a ram air?)
The intake has another Air Passage way inside the intake pipe to create a Air Fusion, imagine 2 different pathways of air inside the intake pipe, one air traveling in pathway #1 going 2 x faster than pathway #2. When the two different pathways of airflow meet at the end of the pipe they create a fusion effect which enhances the AIR SPEED of the by 3 times. (last time I counted, 2x1=2, but here, 2x1=3. Amazing!)
The Secret Weapon Intake Systems is an result of countless hours of testing and tuning of air intake velocity, Airmass and Airspeed for each vehicle application. The Result, an intake system that performs better than any Cold Air Intake, but with a Short Ram. It is possible by Weapon*R's Patent Pending Speed Velocity theory (Aparently, even your theory is patentable!!), By creating a higher airspeed in the intake path you increase airmass and airspeed, which greatly increase horsepower.

This is possible by Creating two different paths of airflow, both flowing at different airspeeds, due to the tubing diameter in which the air is traveling. Now when the 2 different paths of air meet,they create a vacuum (Ahhh, so right now, there is no vaccum created by my engine, just air forced through the intake by driving forward?) , which is where the airspeed starts to multiply, forcing more air into the engine at a higher rate, creating more horsepower.

Sign me up!!! These guys are revolutionary!

·
Registered
392 Posts
There was a guy named Stephen who actually bought every CAI out there to test and this one did the WORST!!! The two tube design messed with the
MAF sensor and made his truck run dangerously lean on the AF ratio. STAY AWAY!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah i have come from building mainly hondas and a s13 silvia was my last project car and in the import world let me tell you weapon r makes junk and always has, i have never seen a product from them with good craftsmanship compared to some of the other major intake companies, do some research, i just received my s&b intake today and i will install it tonight when i get home, great quality and it is one of the best performers on the dyno and it didnt break my pocket book, it was about $50.00 less than that weapon crap you are looking at.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
Yeah i have come from building mainly hondas and a s13 silvia was my last project car and in the import world let me tell you weapon r makes junk and always has, i have never seen a product from them with good craftsmanship compared to some of the other major intake companies, do some research, i just received my s&b intake today and i will install it tonight when i get home, great quality and it is one of the best performers on the dyno and it didnt break my pocket book, it was about $50.00 less than that weapon crap you are looking at.:cheers:

Yeah shailey seems to like the s&b best as well. he has tried them all on the dyno and seems he is most impressed with this one. I actually ended up with two intakes and i am going to try the both and see which i like the best. I have the nismo on right now and the s&b is on its way to me right now. I like the Nismo so far it seems to give more low end torque. Yes i know that sounds strange. but it let me smoke the tires from a dead stop about 10 feet. before i installed it i could not do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts