761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see or talk to him by chance?

Got a Q about his TB bypass.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
he traded in his truck and sold all his goodies. i don't think he comes on anymore.

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,960 Posts
Anyone see or talk to him by chance?

Got a Q about his TB bypass.

Thanks in advance
I implemented his solution with the valve in-line. Maybe I can answer your question?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I implemented his solution with the valve in-line. Maybe I can answer your question?
I was considering putting it in, but wanted to know if there were any long range effects? Also, was it worth it?

Care to take a drive and drink some beer during an install?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TTT

I was considering putting it in, but wanted to know if there were any long range effects? Also, was it worth it?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I sold Rocky his subs, box, and amp setup. I'm guessing it's moved to a third Titan now lol

·
Premium Member
20,960 Posts
TTT

The guys that race could probably tell you if it's worth it or not a lot better than I can. It sounded like a cool (no pun intended of course) thing to do and it was cheap. I did prefer the valved solution as I don't want my throttle body freezing up. Changing the valve position is very easy. I don't even have to remove the engine cover to do it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does it serve the same purpose?

How does it work? got a write up. I am just curious because I cought the mod bug HORRIBLY since Christmas..... Leveled, custom exhaust, soon intake, cheater spring, and the coolent bypass.

·
Premium Member
20,960 Posts
Oh, the functionality is certainly the same as the original TB Bypass mod. The only difference is I can turn the bypass OFF in the winter so I don't freeze the TB.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought his you could turn on of off as well?

just an inline shut-off valve he could open and close.

·
Premium Member
20,960 Posts
Right. His mod was actually a mod to a mod. The original TB Bypass didn't have an in-line valve.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah.

Anyway. How is it for long term? Worth the $14 in parts?

·
Premium Member
20,960 Posts
yeah.

Anyway. How is it for long term? Worth the $14 in parts?
Cheap mod at $14. It was more for "Hey, I actually did a mod without screwing something else up!" than for performance. If you were in Texas driving in 100°+ heat most of the summer then I can see this being useful. Where we live it's not real useful, IMO.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok thanks. think I will take the $14 and buy a 12 pack of beer :D

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What does the TB Bypass actually do? I'm clueless.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
He's still answering PMs, because I'm trying to buy his tires and rims.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts