Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Titan 4wd with 86,000 on it. I bought it used at 49,500 and put the platinum warranty on it for 50,000 more miles. I took it in for a vibration and they couldn't find the problem but told me my cv boot was done. When they went in to repair they noticed grey liquid and metal shavings. Service Manager said the front dif "might" be covered and he would have to call it in on Monday and see.

I'm looking at my doc and I can't tell for certain, but it looks like it should as the Platinum covers everything.

Can any one confirm one way or another, need to stop thinking about this and either be happy or really pissed.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,642 Posts
Stuff inside the bad boot? That has nothing to do with the diff. They are on the shafts from the diff to the front wheels. Shavings and grey liquid means water in the CV joint lube, which damaged the CV joints.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Platinum completely covered a Murano that belongs to my buddy's wife. Even the front diff.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What Murano has a front diff?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
The full time 4wd one from 2004. Something got chewed up in the front that was part of the 4wd. Maybe it wasn't the diff now that I think about how that thing has to be built. But it was something big and it was covered.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
If the platinum covers the drive train, which i'm guessing it does, you will be fine, my front diff was replaced under warranty for a leak. If they went in to replace the CV axle (if the boot was damaged, they would have replaced the whole axle front cv axle), they would have seen the "grey liguid" (axle grease isn't liquid, but front differential fluid is grey) and shavings, which would indicate damage to the front diff, if the cv axle was bad and causing abnormal wear in the front diff housing.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The full time 4wd one from 2004. Something got chewed up in the front that was part of the 4wd. Maybe it wasn't the diff now that I think about how that thing has to be built. But it was something big and it was covered.
I figured it must've been an older one. All I've ever seen is the all in one awd transmission Murano.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts