Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 titan going to put the PRG leveling kit on it "2 wheeldrive K/C"
Since i had to bring my truck in for the condenser fan i thought i'd hit them up for the adjustible cambers before i put the leveling kit on just in case i needed them.No go there they wanted $240 to put them on.
I'll put the kit on and see how they line up.Greg at prg said i shouldn't need to alter the cambers.This is the specs the gave me for the camber that our trucks should be within.

·
Registered
378 Posts
And, it never ceases to amaze me how little the folks at the dealers are on this stuff. I was at the dealer yesterday and was asking about the camber bolts for my 06 . Neither the service writer or the head parts guy had a clue:huh: :rolleyes: .
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Some 2004's and 2005's didn't have camber bolts either. By friend has a 2004 bought when they first hit the dealers, no bolts, my 2005 had no bolts and my wifes 2005 has the bolts. Go figure.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Oh, there is a TSB, but I think is specifiesthat you are only supposed to get them if you have alignment issues and are within , I think, 12,000 miles.
Otherwise, you're paying for them.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
789 Posts
?? I had over 30K miles and 24" rims on it. ??

I believe dealers do not follow TSB's and apply them as they feel fit.

Some put in the cambers and some dont

Some do more than one brake fix others dont.

They just aren't consistent.

·
Registered
378 Posts
You are correct there. I was just hoping to get a set chucked in mine gratis:upsidedow .
I'm not really worried about it now, but when the truck has 80k on it at some point in the future and it needs an alignment, i'd like to have that degree of safety margin:teeth: . Time to do a little investigative shmoozing at my other local dealer:jester: .
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think i'm going to another dealer across town,the one i had went to told me the 2* timing advance would void my warranty.Should have know from that,that they dont know much.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
The TSB's aren't recalls. They ''how to fix it'' instructions when a vehicle comes in with that problem. I had two seperate dealers tell me flat out that they are not required to fix anything just because it has a TSB if there isn't a problem.

if your alignment is good don't bother with the bolts.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
07's should already have the adjustable camber bolts installed from the factory..It was only 06's that were non-adjustable bolts.

Went to the dealer today for some work...So I asked the if I had adjustable bolts. They say no....for some reason I don't believe them. Then I saked the parts guy...and all he talked about were shims and aftermarket things?????

Attachments

·
Registered
5,338 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
07's should already have the adjustable camber bolts installed from the factory..It was only 06's that were non-adjustable bolts.
07's dont have them neither do the 06's (cept for a few i think) they stopped putting them in for whatever reason.....

·
Registered
789 Posts
wow that stinks. so if you lower or higher an 07 or any other year without them you will have camber problems unless you put some in. ??

·
Registered
72 Posts
I talked to my dealer and they told me 07 does not have adustible cam bolts and they want 90 bucks for the alignment and another 80 bucks for the bolts so 179.95 total. They are smoking something and I want some.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts