Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody tell me if this will work, iam looking to lift my truck but im kinda on a budget, and does anybody know excactly how high he coilovers will lift it, it a 2wd cc

thaks in advance
tyler, Formula-T

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The Camburg SAW's are longer then the stock shock so a new upper control arm (UCA) is needed. Adding a spacer isn't possible with the SAW's upper mount, but if you run the DR shocks, I think you can add a spacer to that, BUT you will then need a new UCA again...

The cheapest 2wd lift is a set of CST 4" lift spindles, these can use your stock shocks, and you can upgrade those shocks to Dr's or Radflos or SAW's any time. These also give you more ground clearence under the lower control arms.
And no need for a new UCA

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well iam looking at new shocks because i blew out my stockers :), maybe ill buy some used ones and check out the cst spindle kit

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If you're on a budget, Bilstein has replacement shocks for the front, good preformance for the money...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Warp09 said:
I called and talked to Greg personally, and he told me the SAWs DO NOT need a new UCA...
I think there is a new/slightly different SAW that doesn't need a new arm......

don't know about the camburg though, when the initially came out, word was you would need the arm, then camburg told a guy who was trying to sell a set that they didn't need the arm .... Greg said it must have something to do with the valving......who knows

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
SDTitan1 said:
I think there is a new/slightly different SAW that doesn't need a new arm......

don't know about the camburg though, when the initially came out, word was you would need the arm, then camburg told a guy who was trying to sell a set that they didn't need the arm .... Greg said it must have something to do with the valving......who knows
SDTitan1 is correct, (at least about his 1st paragraph, from what I've heard. I don't have a clue about the Camburg story).

There supposed to be a stock app. SAW similar to the DRE coilover ... valved or valving spec'd by PRG, springs too probably, and maybe a PRG Titan bucket adapter.

This is not the same as the mid length SAWs that many guys run, (part of one version of the PRG 4" Performance Package and a popular add on to the PRG 2wd spindle package), and those do require a quality aftermarket upper A-arm like the new PRG one, or the older Total Chaos uppers that many run. There is also a PRG version of SAWs for the bracket lifted Titans, but I forget if they can run with the stock UCA or not. So three SAWs for the front from PRG. If you buy them elsewhere you will need to pay someone to custom valve them, so you just lost any savings you thought you made.

The other SAW that sounds hot is the PRG spec rear 2 1/4" reservoir shock.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I'm sorry I forgot about the newer version of SAW that works with the stock upper arm.
Don't quote me, but I think it's the same shock with a internal limiter to keep the shocks extended length down to use the stock arm.
This is PRG, I also don't know about Camburg...

I'm starting to "jones" about the 2.25" rear SAW's...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Warp09 said:
I called and talked to Greg personally, and he told me the SAWs DO NOT need a new UCA...
True, I have also talked to PRG on this also. One SAW will work with the stock UCA but dosen't provide the lift and travel just as Loufish states. The other SAW requires the UCA and provide more lift and travel. For me I'll take the new TC UCA with the longer travel and increase durability over the stock UCA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im thinking about just getting the cst lt in a couple months and just running her the way she is, i dunno, but thanks for all the info guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts