Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used Leer camper shell that matches my truck. Mine is a 2013 crew cab 5.5ft bed. The shell was used on a 2008 Titan.

This will match up and fit a 2013??

Also, what all is involved in wiring up the 3rd brake light on the camper shell?

·
Registered
617 Posts
As long as the bed length matches. I believe there were 3 bed lengths, your s sounds like CC short box at 5' 7". There was also a CC 8' which almost no one made a cap for, then you have KC 6.5'
Doesn't matter 2004 to 2015. Only length matters and color.

It is VERY easy to wire up. You will need 3 wires if you have interior light on the Leer, they can sneak around the back of the drivers side taillight, the bed wall is open under the lip behind the taillight. For brake light and ground, tap into the driver side brake light and ground. My Leer also came with interior LED light built into the back of the 3rd brake light, and that gets power from the tow package wiring.

Here's a pic of mine, you can see the 3 pos connector I installed. I used an automotive connector so if I want to pull the cap off it just disconnects right there. You may direct wire to the taillight if you plan to never remove the cap. I also have another connector that serves the power box I installed for camping/boondocking:
IMG_20200308_145212676.jpg

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I found a used Leer camper shell that matches my truck. Mine is a 2013 crew cab 5.5ft bed. The shell was used on a 2008 Titan.

This will match up and fit a 2013??

Also, what all is involved in wiring up the 3rd brake light on the camper shell?
They changed the tailgate in 2013. I think everything else will fit but the camper door in the back. You might be able to engineer something, I think I've seen threads with a few people doing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts