Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2006 Titan and Im looking into buying some camshafts. Where do I buy them? Which ones are the best? What brand? Any help appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
There is only one brand that I am aware of and you will probably have to get them directly from JWT (Jim Wolf technologies), they are awesome by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Papa_D said:
There is only one brand that I am aware of and you will probably have to get them directly from JWT (Jim Wolf technologies), they are awesome by the way.

Do they have a website or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind, I found a website thanks. One more question, do I have to upgrade the rest of my valvetrain also?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
What type of gains would one expect with cams on a stock truck? Half second in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? I'm trying to get an idea of how much bang for the buck.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
joeinstl said:
What type of gains would one expect with cams on a stock truck? Half second in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? I'm trying to get an idea of how much bang for the buck.
Their website has a dyno graph i think to show the gains if anyone is interested. it's alot of buck......and you will have to get your truck tuned, it's by no means a drop in or bolt on job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
joeinstl said:
What type of gains would one expect with cams on a stock truck? Half second in 0-60 and 1/4 mile? I'm trying to get an idea of how much bang for the buck.
You could also check into uprev then get the cams and get tuned for them.:rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
roy365 said:
it's a fairly large commitment to be associating with a stock motor. Skip this and get Uprev.....better gains and less $.
You have to be kind of hardcore to put the cams in a new truck and they aren't cheap either. Don't get me wrong, I love them but they are no good without UpRev so that should be your first mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Strange that the JWT website doesn't show "to redline" on their dyno graph, even though they're showing great torque gains at 5,250 over stock. They also don't show below 2750...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
Seranin said:
Strange that the JWT website doesn't show "to redline" on their dyno graph, even though they're showing great torque gains at 5,250 over stock. They also don't show below 2750...
Below 2750 you are probably going to see a (small) loss, these cams are made to let the Titan breathe on the top end. Adds gobs of torque up top. From the feeling of them i would say they start leveling back out or dropping at redline. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Papa_D said:
You have to be kind of hardcore to put the cams in a new truck and they aren't cheap either. Don't get me wrong, I love them but they are no good without UpRev so that should be your first mod.
I need another one hundred bucks and im ordering the UPREV, then im getting the cams. Yea im a speed demon so I want all the power possible from my Titan.....I do alot of racing too. I rarely lose
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,454 Posts
pedalhappy1053 said:
I need another one hundred bucks and im ordering the UPREV, then im getting the cams. Yea im a speed demon so I want all the power possible from my Titan.....I do alot of racing too. I rarely lose
I think Clint Eastwood owns a Titan pilgrim?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
roy365 said:
I think Clint Eastwood owns a Titan pilgrim?
What the **** is that? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
roy365 said:
Sounded sorta Clint Eastwoody to me. :rofl:

He's still alive???? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
roy365 said:
Apparently right? :cheers:

DAMN, your truck is badass
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top