Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone is selling his 2010 muffler. Can this be installed in my 2005 XE? I'm trying to find an OE Muffler or Exhaust because mine has an after marker Flowmaster with is loud and I can't stand it! I need this truck to be very quiet.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Someone is selling his 2010 muffler. Can this be installed in my 2005 XE? I'm trying to find an OE Muffler or Exhaust because mine has an after marker Flowmaster with is loud and I can't stand it! I need this truck to be very quiet.
Yes it will provided that only the muffler was changed out and not the piping but if the piping was also changed out then it's not a big deal to have it custom fit unless you can find OE pipes as well.

Were the catalytic converters deleted/hollowed out? That would create the noise...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes it will provided that only the muffler was changed out and not the piping but if the piping was also changed out then it's not a big deal to have it custom fit unless you can find OE pipes as well.

Were the catalytic converters deleted/hollowed out? That would create the noise...
ON mine: It seems that the previous owner only changed the muffler. There is only 1 pipe in front of the muffler (going into the muffler) .

In a 2010, aren't there 2 pipes going into the muffler?:confused:

Here is a pic on mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I found a 2010 Cat-Back Exhaust from a CC. Now will this fit my 2005 XE KC ?

Here are the pics:
It will fit just fine if it wasn't on a 2010 long wheelbase model.

Reactions: cancer_researcher

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Now I see why you say your system is so loud, it's dumped out under the bed. Loud, and potentially deadly as well. The exhaust gasses can accumulate under the truck and be pulled into the cab. Should at least be routed out the sides.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will fit just fine if it wasn't on a 2010 long wheelbase model.
Now I see why you say your system is so loud, it's dumped out under the bed. Loud, and potentially deadly as well. The exhaust gasses can accumulate under the truck and be pulled into the cab. Should at least be routed out the sides.
Thank you.......

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Thank you.......
Welcome. I am looking for one of these stock systems myself. There is one on ebay in NC that's from an '08, pulled off when the truck was fairly new. But the guy won't ship it, don't blame him really. I really don't want to buy new from the dealer, but I might have to.

Good luck, let me know how the transplant goes.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
ON mine: It seems that the previous owner only changed the muffler. There is only 1 pipe in front of the muffler (going into the muffler) .

In a 2010, aren't there 2 pipes going into the muffler?:confused:

Here is a pic on mine:
you are correct...2010s have 2 pipes all the way to the muffler...no "Y" pipe. your year has a "Y" and a single pipe. assuming you have the stock piping to the muffler, a 2010 muffler will not fit. the catback system will fit because it replaces the collector pipes and back.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i have a 18"magnaflow that i'd be interesting in trading ya but i can't have my truck without a muffler during shipping... mine has a single turn down similar to yours

1 - 10 of 10 Posts