Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title said, a few months ago all four of my 35's were slashed.. :flame:

Asked a few people everyones said, no. One guy said they could be patched but it's not safe. so he wouldn't do it.. Would a patch job and a tube work? Just a small poke in the sidewall, max 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

At this point i just want to be able to get a full size spare out of the loss. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
599 Posts
i would not do it u can not put a patch on the side wall my cousin owns a tire shop and they will not do it it will not hold and it is not safe

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Definately do not patch a sidewall. While it might be technically possible to do, it is not safe at all. You might ending up loosing more than a few bucks for new tires, such as your truck in a bad wreck or worse.

·
Banned
138 Posts
you cannot properly repair a slashed (sidewall) tire. cant believe the question even came up. :rancher:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
m1aman said:
. cant believe the question even came up. :rancher:
If you had $1000 invested in some tires that were wrongfully vandalized wouldn't you want to know if there was any way to use them for more than a bunch of really expensive tire swings.

As for insurance, I failed to let them know of the upgrade. Which means no coverage. Lesson learned..

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
There is a game that resembles what you want to do. Russian roulette!! All depends how fast you want to meet your maker. Really it would be foolish to do such a thing. When your on a ventilator in the hospitol you will wish you had bought new tires instead. Sorry to hear about the tires. I hope you can find a good deal on some new ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts