Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an 06 and 08 Titan swap Brake Calipers? Im trading wheels with a guy that has an 08 but my 17's wont fit on his truck because his calipers are too big so he wants to swap calipers also. Can they just be swapped or do we need to purchase any brackets? Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it is a direct bolt on swap? Both ways? Some threads have mentioned some brackets? This guy is willing to put the older calipers on his newer truck in order to put stock wheels on it.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
You may have problems running big calipers on small rotors.

And he may have problems running small calipers on big rotors.

If you also swap rotors, you need spacer rings to center the bigger rotors on your smaller hubs. And I don't think your smaller rotors will fit his bigger hubs.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
you know for sure that the rotors can't be swapped?
Pretty sure. The detailed thread about the swap points out that you need spacer rings to center the 08 rotors on the 04-07 hubs. Thus, the 08 must have bigger hubs. Both Courtesy Parts and Timken have different part numbers for the 04-07 and 08+ hubs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn. I could have had 22" rims with brand new tires and newer brakes for free. if only my crappy steelies and crappy brakes fit on his truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I wish! It's his wife's truck. they bought it with the wheels and she doesn't want the wheels. She just wants the stock wheels. So I'm sure this guy just wants to shut his wife up cause he's tired of her bickering.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Buy a used set of rims & tires and give those to him.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
NO!!!!!!! you cannot put 06 17" wheels and front brakes on a 08 and up Titan, the front set up is different

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Why not just buy 18" Steelies made for the 08? Bound to be available somewhere here. Just post up. No Brake Swapping Upgrading/Downgrading and you get Fancy Rims/Tires cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts