Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was resetting my Trip A button and accidentally switched over the Trip B button and noticed that the mileage was higher on the Trip B setting than on the regular Odometer (by about 20 miles). I've never reset or used the Trip B button, but it continues to track mileage.

How is that possible? :huh:

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's OK

Mine does the same. It's just the way it has been designed for those who want to track mileage for each fill up but also want to keep count of mileage for a long trip. So basically we have 2 trip odometers. My friend's 350Z does the same as well. As for your 20 mile difference, somebody at the dealer must have reset one of them at some point.

:cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Canteen Titan said:
Mine does the same. It's just the way it has been designed for those who want to track mileage for each fill up but also want to keep count of mileage for a long trip. So basically we have 2 trip odometers. My friend's 350Z does the same as well. As for your 20 mile difference, somebody at the dealer must have reset one of them at some point.

:cheers:
I don't think you read what he said right. The trip B is greater than the regular odometer, not the trip A.

That shouldn't be, and there is no way a dealer can do that by accident. It might be a sign of hankypanky - although, 20 miles isn't significant. It might be possible that it was installed that way.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
If you have the Nav System, you actually have 4 trip counters. 2 on the dashboard and 2 more on the Nav Screen. Totally seperate as far as I can tell.

As for your problem, I would think that Trip 1 was reset when you got your Titan and Trip 2 wasn't. Think back, how many miles were on your Titan's sales receipt? They have to record the exact number of miles prior to your taking possesion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
keane said:
I don't think you read what he said right. The trip B is greater than the regular odometer, not the trip A.

That shouldn't be, and there is no way a dealer can do that by accident. It might be a sign of hankypanky - although, 20 miles isn't significant. It might be possible that it was installed that way.
I see what you're saying. Something quirky may be going on with it. I just checked my truck as I've only been using one trip odo and not the other. The unset one is off by ~.1 mile. My odo reads 1188 and Trip A reads 1187.9.

If sabre's odo is really 20 miles LESS than the trip, it might be a good idea to ask the dealer to look into the matter.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Sabre66 said:
I was resetting my Trip A button and accidentally switched over the Trip B button and noticed that the mileage was higher on the Trip B setting than on the regular Odometer (by about 20 miles). I've never reset or used the Trip B button, but it continues to track mileage.

How is that possible? :huh:
The guys from the dealership reset the odometer, but forgot to reset Trip B after running those eighty 1/4 mile passes at the drag strip.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bestatchess said:
The guys from the dealership reset the odometer, but forgot to reset Trip B after running those eighty 1/4 mile passes at the drag strip.

Yeah thanx...i've had flashes of some crazy nut at the factory doing 1/4 mile laps around the parking lot :crying:

Whatever they did i can't say i mind because this thing runs like a dream.

Just wondering if somebody decided to reset my ODO at the factory without resetting the Trip B, and was trying to get away with something.

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is only a guess but maybe an accurate one. If I am not mistaken aren't all the new Titans test driven at the factory before they are shipped out. Maybe the factory tests them and then resets the main odometer and not the trip meters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts