Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have that infamous intermittent rear squeak that sounds like its coming from the right rear springs. I took it to one dealer who performed TSB NTB06008 which greased the leaf spring and leaf spring clip and the squeak is still there. I now took it to another dealer who says he is sure it is the emergency brake cable assembly dirty. He said they can take it apart and clean the assembly and the squeaking will stop for $100::eeeek:

I have a hard time believing the emergency brake could cause my truck to squeak when I push down on the bumper with the truck parked. Anyway I pick up my truck from the dealer tomorrow and I will let you guys know if it actually fixed the squeaking issue is resolved.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I am with you, I don't think that pushing down on the rear of the truck would cause a e-brake to squeak. Sounds like a shock mount, or spring shackle, or something like that.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ive got a pretty bad squeek....interested if that actually is the problem??

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
He said they can take it apart and clean the assembly and the squeaking will stop for $100
Unrelated, I had a problem with a seat squeak that went unresolved after five repair attempts. I decided to up the ante by making a wager with the service manager, which was accepted. They felt very confident they could resolve the problem. The wager was that if they resolved this ongoing problem, I would buy the shop lunch. If they didn't resolve the problem, I would get two oil changes and a cabin filter change on them.

The wager seemed to make the day more interesting for the shop, and I watched a number of techs get their heads together to try to win the bet. Unfortunately, the seat fix didn't work, but then again I wasn't out much money either as I won some free services. I have done this a number of times with other service shops under different circumstances. The wager did work in other situations, because the collective efforts got the nagging problem resolved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts