Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums but cant seem to find the answer to a somewhat simple question. Can I install the PRG SAW or Radflo coil-over and rear shock combo now on my stock 2008.5 XE 4x4 now and a couple months down the road add the PC 6" stage 1 lift and reuse the same coil-overs? I know there are different coilover versions for oem and bracket lift versions but I am not sure what the difference is because the PC lift will work with stock shocks. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it or if greg from PRG could chime in. If not I may just save up and have it all done at once. Also if anyone could recommend a good shop in either AZ or CA to do the lift or does anyone know if PRG does lift installs?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The stock shocks only work with the PC lift kit because there is a spacer that goes between the coil bucket and the coil itself. So no, you can't run the coilovers without the lift kit, they are too big. The coilovers replace the spacer/stock shock. I would recommend 4wheelparts.com they have a great customer service and they have a shop in Phoenix AZ that will install it for less than other shops I talked to(about $450). But get the coil overs from greg when the time comes. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have searched the forums but cant seem to find the answer to a somewhat simple question. Can I install the PRG SAW or Radflo coil-over and rear shock combo now on my stock 2008.5 XE 4x4 now and a couple months down the road add the PC 6" stage 1 lift and reuse the same coil-overs? I know there are different coilover versions for oem and bracket lift versions but I am not sure what the difference is because the PC lift will work with stock shocks. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it or if greg from PRG could chime in. If not I may just save up and have it all done at once. Also if anyone could recommend a good shop in either AZ or CA to do the lift or does anyone know if PRG does lift installs?

So, the coilovers for the pc kit will not fit the stock application. The reason being is they are super long, they are as long as the stock strut plus the pc 6" spacer. If you want to save money, you can just run the stage 1 pc kit which just uses a spacer ontop of the stock strut, or do it all at once which is the way to go in my opinion. The coilovers are superior to stock struts with a spacer on them. PRG consists of Greg and his wife Jen, and they are super busy and do not do instals. Any shop can do the pc instal, it's really easy, or you could do it yourself. Hope this gets you started. Here's a solid package from PRG Products

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the titan back today and I ended up going with the PC stage 1 to start and will eventually add coil overs and some other PRG goodies in a couple months when I have some more cash. I had 4wheel parts in mesa do the install. I got some 35in trailer grapplers on the stock rims looks pretty good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
looks good!!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Get the correct shocks...Don't run those spacers....The look like ghetto fabrication and work like it...

See plenty next door at the alignment shop with spacer installs gone bad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts