Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a 25 ft weekend warrior fs2500 super lite. Completely loaded it should be around 8000 lbs. I have an 07 king cab 2wd with a 6" lift. I have a brake controller and will be getting airbags. Who has towed this kind of weight before and how does it tow? Here is a link to the trailer.

http://www.a1warriortrailers.com/fs23.htm

Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
no problem I tow a 26 foot carson titan trailer with a pre-runner ford ranger inside the toyhauler roughly 10,000 lbs without BT, also towed the same trailer loaded with bikes and quads to Glamis no problem even passing other rigs up hills

·
Registered
12 Posts
BFE TITAN said:
Im looking to get a 25 ft weekend warrior fs2500 super lite. Completely loaded it should be around 8000 lbs. I have an 07 king cab 2wd with a 6" lift. I have a brake controller and will be getting airbags. Who has towed this kind of weight before and how does it tow? Here is a link to the trailer.

Thanks.
You shouldn't have a problem, we looked at that model but opted for the fiver since we would rather have a walk around bed up front.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have the FS2300 and it towed just fine when I didn't have the big tow gears and even better once I did get the gears. I had the airbags and they worked great for towing but not so great when unloaded so I pulled them and put in the RAS and have been extremely pleased. I have the billet package with just about every option so I am sure we are much heavier than the listed 6800lb dry weight.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem: Airlift Airbags @ 20psi

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
BFE TITAN said:

Thanks.

If you don't have big tow gears and you do have bigger tires I would not do that tow. You are asking for trouble. But that is just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
199 Posts
BFE TITAN said:

Thanks.
You shouldn't have any problems. The BT really helps in starting from a stop. You should look at this link to ways to add a Tranny Temp Gauge to your truck Just keep an eye on the temps, and keep your speed low. Another thing, that trailer will be a lot heavier than reported. Derwud tows a similar trailer and it gets heavy. The tongue also gets heavy. If you can, try getting an equalizer or reese straight-line hitch with 1200lbs bars. When towing to Glamis my trailer handles great and it is around 10,000lbs.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
BFE TITAN said:

Thanks.
Well thanks for that link...LOL.....now I am all over that wanting one now, darn wanted that new Road King first but it might just have to wait for a bit, not that I am lacking for the back of it, have the Softail ready to roll in, it will just be a bit lonely without the Road King for awhile.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HyperSportRacing said:
Shouldn't be a problem: Airlift Airbags @ 20psi
Is that the 23 or 26 ft?

·
Registered
601 Posts
it is a 24ft

·
Registered
5 Posts
With a 2004 Titan with BT package, can I tow a Cherokee model 25KS. It dry weight is 7,000 lbs. Hitch weight is 810lbs. Total length is 30 feet.
I am concerned about hitch weight. Titan max hitch weight is 920 lbs.

Is there anything I can do to Titan to help this or am I jsut out of luck?
Want to buy today at RV show in Palermo if it will work.

·
Registered
392 Posts
stevepkam said:
With a 2004 Titan with BT package, can I tow a Cherokee model 25KS. It dry weight is 7,000 lbs. Hitch weight is 810lbs. Total length is 30 feet.
I am concerned about hitch weight. Titan max hitch weight is 920 lbs.

Is there anything I can do to Titan to help this or am I jsut out of luck?
Want to buy today at RV show in Palermo if it will work.
You'll have to go with weight distribution hitch. Then, NO WORRIES. I tow a Four Winds 31BH w/super slide. It's about 8k. WD hitch, Firestone riderites, and away we go!! Oh btw, I DON'T have Big Tow.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Don't do it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 26 foot Redline by Fleetwood (about 8500 with toys). I dont have the BT but I do have air babs, load levaling hitch, and an anti-sway bar. Mine does good and I have 33" tires. I do keep it under 60 on the freeway though. You would just have to be a little extra cautious.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I ended up getting a 2008 Thor Tahoe. Its 26ft and about 6300 dry with 900lb hitch weight. I took it out this weekend for the first time. I put airbags on and have a WD hitch and didnt have a single problem. I was amazed how well the titan pulled up the hills. I had it loaded up with 100 gallons of water, ice chests, food, bikes, and clothes. I estimated it at around 7300lbs. For those that are familiar with Arizona I towed from Mesa to Payson area up to Woods Canyon lake. Some pretty steep grades getting up there and it made it no problem. I was really impressed.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
You may want to weigh your trailer and check your math. 100 gallons of water = 800 pounds, 6300 + 800 = 7100 pounds, plus bikes and all the stuff, I would say you are closer to 8500 puonds..

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you hit up Cujo, he tows a large travel trailer. He could tell you the ins and outs of towing something that large.

·
Super Moderator
37,213 Posts
I have a TT with a loaded weight of a little over 8,000lbs. I have the weight slip to prove this. Its 29ft and tows great. I do have BT + Air Ride bags. It tows better with the Titan then my 3/4 TON EXC. <-- I took a lot of heat for that comment until I proved it and passed my buds 3/4 ton on a grade and he was pulling ~ 6,000lbs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
RobKar said:
I have a TT with a loaded weight of a little over 8,000lbs. I have the weight slip to prove this. Its 29ft and tows great. I do have BT + Air Ride bags. It tows better with the Titan then my 3/4 TON EXC. <-- I took a lot of heat for that comment until I proved it and passed my buds 3/4 ton on a grade and he was pulling ~ 6,000lbs.
I can kinda relate. I was passed on a straight stretch by a 8100vortech 2500HD(at least that's what his big ole decal said on the side, LOL). Anyways, the next hill we came to I passed him and we played back-n-forth with me passing him on the hills until he got enough straight flat road to maintain his speed. I know he was on it too by the "heat stream" flowing from his exhaust!!!! His camper was smaller than mine, but we were probably equal weight because his was a long bed 4x4 crew where mine is just 2wd short box. Anyways, I could tell the first couple of times I told this story that I wasn't being believed, so I just quit--until now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts