Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a budget of 3500 to lift my 4x4. that includes rims, tires, and if have to install. a friend of a friend owns his own shop in nashville and might be able to use it. i'm thinking of the PC stage 1 but all i hear about their shocks and coilovers is that they suck. i like the 4" performance package but i'm really wanting a 6". another question for the people with a 6" and running tires close to 35" how does it ride and did the lift and tires take away power, handling, stopping and how bad did the mpg drop. i was also thinking on finding some used titan 5 spoke and panting them black to save money. i would like to get the PC lift and buy some other coilovers and rear shocks from PRG. the truck is my daily driver and only go offroad when taking my dirtbikes to the trails and when i see some mud to play in.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Two words man, "call Greg".................. Seriously. He can answer all your questions and set you up right according to your budget.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
motosyco said:
i have a budget of 3500 to lift my 4x4. that includes rims, tires, and if have to install. a friend of a friend owns his own shop in nashville and might be able to use it. i'm thinking of the PC stage 1 but all i hear about their shocks and coilovers is that they suck. i like the 4" performance package but i'm really wanting a 6". another question for the people with a 6" and running tires close to 35" how does it ride and did the lift and tires take away power, handling, stopping and how bad did the mpg drop. i was also thinking on finding some used titan 5 spoke and panting them black to save money. i would like to get the PC lift and buy some other coilovers and rear shocks from PRG. the truck is my daily driver and only go offroad when taking my dirtbikes to the trails and when i see some mud to play in.
You should be able to do it all for that, if you install the lift yourself. You can also save money by buying used tires and rims. Yes the lift and tires will take away power, make it harder to stop, decrease handling, and drop your gas mileage to around 12 mpg. Be sure to post pics after you're done. :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should be able to. I just spent 4200 everything installed. Wheels and tires mounted and balanced and an alignment. Got the PC 6", 18x9 Pro Comp 7005 wheels and 35x12.5x18 Pro Comp Xtreme AT's. $2000 wheels and tires,$1400 for the lift and $800 labor. But since your friend owns a shop you can save on the labor.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
motosyco said:
did you go with the mx-6 coilovers from PC. if so how do you like them.
The pro comp coilovers are all show. Save your money and get a set of sway aways from Greg.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
motosyco said:
thats what i want to do but not sure if i can do that with my budget.
How much more are the pro comp coilovers?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i seen the stage one for i think around 1700 and the stage two for around 2200 on 4wheelparts website. so i figured if i go with the stage one and then get some coilovers from PRG it'll be around 2700.(i would get every thing from PRG). i know it's only 500 more, and it's common sense to me that you get what you pay for, but the good ol' wife stand firm at 3500. i think if i have to i'll keep my stock xe rims for awhile to save some more money. i've always wondered what they would look like black.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
motosyco said:
i seen the stage one for i think around 1700 and the stage two for around 2200 on 4wheelparts website. so i figured if i go with the stage one and then get some coilovers from PRG it'll be around 2700.(i would get every thing from PRG). i know it's only 500 more, and it's common sense to me that you get what you pay for, but the good ol' wife stand firm at 3500. i think if i have to i'll keep my stock xe rims for awhile to save some more money. i've always wondered what they would look like black.
They would look great black. Another member here did it a while back with some 35's.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Mine is going to be complete for 2900. I am doing the labor myself, and my friend works at a tire shop and is getting me a free alignment and free mouting and blancing on the tires. This is with a procomp 6", procomp 18" 8179 rims, and 35" mickey thompson mtz's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.