Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice in the past month I've found both front windows open on my Titan. I'm assuming somehow both buttons are getting pushed simultaneously on the key fob. This is a bit discomforting. I don't like the fact that the front windows can sit open all night or in inclement weather. Is there any way that the remote window opening function can be disabled?

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Exocet said:
Twice in the past month I've found both front windows open on my Titan. I'm assuming somehow both buttons are getting pushed simultaneously on the key fob.
Only one button needs to be pressed, but it must be held for a while. Sorry, I can't think of how disable the feature off the top of my head. Have you looked in the manual?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it happened again. I went out Monday morning to find about an inch of snow inside my truck since both front windows were open all night. I was not a happy camper. I'm stopping by the dealer today to see if they can do anything.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't seem right. I have to intentionally hold down the button for while before the windows even start to role down. Definitely have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine do this all the time also. I must hit it in my pocket or something. I actually found out about the roll down by accident when I was leaning over the grill looking under the hood. Please let me know if you figure out how to disable the function. I might just get a remote starter and ditch the stock keyfob. At least if I lean on that remote, it will start. That way I could hear it from inside my house, or just set it up to run for 10 min and shut off.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Exocet said:
Well, it happened again. I went out Monday morning to find about an inch of snow inside my truck since both front windows were open all night. I was not a happy camper. I'm stopping by the dealer today to see if they can do anything.
Well here's your problem...your Titan should be in a garage!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stopped at the dealer today. They said that it could be disabled. They charge 30 min of labor to do it. So, it goes in next week to get taken care of.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Exocet said:
I stopped at the dealer today. They said that it could be disabled. They charge 30 min of labor to do it. So, it goes in next week to get taken care of.
That is crap, they should not charge you for this.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
matthews said:
Well here's your problem...your Titan should be in a garage!!
I agree, but right now my old truck is in the garage until I sell it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine did that one night and I woke up to three inches of standing water in the floorboard and had to ride to work sitting on a quilt. Took three days to dry it out with the seats out and the carpet pulled up. Yeah, it really sucked!

·
Registered
779 Posts
It happen to me once, wasn't raining. After that, I took the key fob off.

Yes, we need a fix for this!

Anyone???

·
Registered
718 Posts
Has anyone tried disabling this by using the button on the driver's side door (you know, the one you use to disable the windows when your kids are driving you crazy with their window up-window down games)?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Same thing happened to me at a motel in Northen California. My wife went out to the truck in the evening, when she came back to the motel room I asked if she locked the truck. "Oh, yeah", she says. Well, in the morning we go out to find the truck was indeed locked, but both front windows were all the way down. It was very foggy that night, and my leather seats were dripping wet. On the plus side none of my fly rods or reels were stolen. I had a few choice words for my wife and she had a few for me.:rolleyes: I didn't realize you could do that with the key fob. With mine you have to hold the unlock button down to get them to roll down, and once you let off the button the windows stop rolling down. My wife must have rolled the windows down when she unlocked the vehicle and just didn't notice they were down when she locked it up. Let us know if the dealer fixes this for you.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Interesting thing with all these remotes we use, and how the codes are in the billions...

I used to have a Ford Escape. I bought an extra Key Fob at the dealer, and it worked as soon as I tried it! No programming was ever done to it! Hmmm...Security is how good?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats pretty funny!! I didnt know my truck did the auto window roll down deal......but I just checked and it does. Thanks guys I learn something new everyday because of this site. Just something else to throw in the faces of the non Titan owners!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
30 minutes? I'd be surprised if it took more then 3.

You guys should wear less tight clothing :boxing:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, it happened to me night before last. Windows were down only a couple of inches though. I didn't even have my keys on me. Even checked the truck before turning in for the night because this happened to me once before. As it turns out, my wife had her keys in the purse and something must have pressed the button. I read the entire manual and couldn't find reference on disabling this feature. This sucks if it can't be disabled by the end user. Guess I'll be visiting the dealer and paying the cost to protect my vehicle from accidental window roll down.

·
Registered
779 Posts
2008canteentitan said:
Well, it happened to me night before last. Windows were down only a couple of inches though. I didn't even have my keys on me. Even checked the truck before turning in for the night because this happened to me once before. As it turns out, my wife had her keys in the purse and something must have pressed the button. I read the entire manual and couldn't find reference on disabling this feature. This sucks if it can't be disabled by the end user. Guess I'll be visiting the dealer and paying the cost to protect my vehicle from accidental window roll down.
let us know if you get it "fixed"...I hate the feature myself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts