Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well....been debating for a while now if I should give up my Titan....

I currently have a 2006 CC SE 4X4.....I had a 2005 same exact truck but different color...got totalled last year...so....

here's the deal...I drive alot of miles...my 06 is just a year old and I have almost 35k on it...in a couple of weeks I will be out of warranty...so would need to purchase an extended service contract.....about a thousand bucks my cost from our dealer.....and these things don't hold their value too well so...every mile I put on it ....the more value I lose on it...
Between the depreciation and the gas she guzzles....I'm wondering if its worth it....in a year or so at this rate I will be seriously in the hole.......

Sooo...am SERIOUSLY thinking about going back to a diesel truck....better fuel mileage, they hold their value well...better for long distance travel.....

any thoughts????? wanna talk me out of it?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am with you on the diesel. I just have to decide which one. Titans are great trucks under warranty. When the warranty runs out, they don't look so good anymore. My opinion only!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I thought the diesel option in most trucks was quite expensive ($5000 or so), and that it would take quite a while to make that $$ up with better mileage.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Hmmmmmm Diesel, Now thats an idea!!:idea:

Warp09 said:
I would get a diesel. They will last along time too. I would get a Powerstroke :)
Yeah!! Nothing like a good o'll powerstroke breaking down on ya everyday!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
We have 2 F250 TD and 2 F250 Gas motor trucks at the shop.
The TD's won't hardly burn a tank of fuel without a trip to the service bay for a check engine light.
We pick one up, we drop one off.
Twice a week.

The gas motor trucks live a much harder life, and nothing ever goes wrong with them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
walleeme said:
We have 2 F250 TD and 2 F250 Gas motor trucks at the shop.
The TD's won't hardly burn a tank of fuel without a trip to the service bay for a check engine light.
We pick one up, we drop one off.
Twice a week.

The gas motor trucks live a much harder life, and nothing ever goes wrong with them.
I would get the chevy duramax myself . I've thought about it for better mileage and easier towing for bigger toy hauler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts