Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 08 KC SE Titan. I love it!!! but it only has washer fluid and doors open or closed in the info system on the dash. Can I add the MPG outside temp and the other features that I have seen on other 08 Titan SE's???:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
zoegrandpa said:
I've got an 08 KC SE Titan. I love it!!! but it only has washer fluid and doors open or closed in the info system on the dash. Can I add the MPG outside temp and the other features that I have seen on other 08 Titan SE's???:blueblob:
It won't be cheap. I know the overhead display with compass and all that will run about $600 and that's without installation charge.

For MPG you can get a Scangauge for about $150
www.scangauge.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
baseballfanz said:
It won't be cheap. I know the overhead display with compass and all that will run about $600 and that's without installation charge.

For MPG you can get a Scangauge for about $150

Thanks Baseballfanz I have a compass in the Homelink rearview mirror. The Info center is in the LED with the odomoter. When I test drove a different 08 KC SE it had all these additional items you just pushed a button to scroll through them TEMP, MPG and more. It seems to me you should be able to buy a module for the ECM or something to add these features that others have.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If I am not to baddly mistaken all of those features are allready in the cluster. The bad part is the only people that can turn them on is the guys that make the cluster that I have seen, provided your truck has the external sensor for temp.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
zoegrandpa said:
You already have those features. Push the little button in the lower right corner that says "info"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PRJ,

When I press the little button the only options that are presented are doors closed and Washer fluid ok. None of the others come up.

Thanks

Zoegrandpa

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the same issue - only 2 things show up in info. center. (doors closed and Washer fluid ok)

Zoegrandpa, do you have a bench seat or buckets?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Found this thread

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...-titan-dash-display-outside-temp-display.html
Ok guys and gals I have had my 2008 nissan titan SE since june. I was one of the first in my area to get one. I ordered my truck and it took a few weeks to get to me, once I took delivery I noticed that the drivers info dash display did not do much. It told me if the door was open or if windshield washer fluid was low and that is it. Also on my auto dimming mirror the outside temp. would not display. My dealer after tryng to fix it and somehow removing 1200 miles off the odometer and gouging the dash up they told me that my truck just did not have that option.
So now 4 months later and countless phone calls threw the chain of command I got ahold of a guy in the executive dept. of Nissan and talked with him. After 10mins of talking he said he would look into it and call me back. 5mins later he did and toold me the engineers were working on the problem and would have a solution soon. Well it has been 1 week and I get a call today from the exec. rep and they have a fix. Ther is a new TSB. for the dash and temp display as of sept 29, 2007.

So if you have a 2008 se titan or above and the displays are not working correctly take it back to dealer and have them check the new TSB.

Sorry this was so long but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this.
my 08 Titan SE CC has the dash display also, if you noticed on the bottom right of the cluster is a protruding plastic stem. push that to select different settings. once your on the setting you turn the knob to the left and right. you can set the oil change reminders rotation reminders, also set a warnign for icy conditions.You can even set it to see instant mpg and distance to empty. it took me awhile to use it right. hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts