Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to adjust the bed? Mine sits almost 3/4" lower on the drivers side. At first I thought the whole truck might sit lower on the drivers side because of the gas tank so I measured it. The cab is almost perfectly level. Next i measured the top of the bed to the bottom of the rear window and it sits just short of 3/4" on the drivers side. Its enough that you can tell when you stand behind it. Are they all like this and Im being to anal or can fix it?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
anal. even though I really wanted to say that, i don't think most people will notice 3/4"

·
Registered
298 Posts
Really! ¾ of an inch sound like a lot to me!

I’m positive my truck sits perfectly level... OK I just walked out to my garage and measured from my bed to the bottom trim on my back window. Both sides were exactly the same (2 1/8 I believe).

I think you need to get that checked out asap. Post a picture, I’m curious…

·
Registered
392 Posts
That type of fitment issue may indicate an underlying problem. Take it to the dealer and don't settle with "within specs" unless they REALLY look it over. To answer your question, you can with washers, but 3/4 is a bit excessive IMO. Are you absolutely sure it's not the cab, or both working against each other visually. There are tolerances and sometimes they work against each other visually even though they are within specs, the term is "stacked tolerances". When everything is technically within specs, and then it all shows up in ONE spot as looking wierd or the "last piece" has fitment issues.

·
Super Moderator
161,698 Posts
I see this in every single Titan I look at. I can't say why they sit lower on the driver's side. But they do. There are a few threads here somewhere about this.

·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. I kind of feel better that I'm not the only one but it still sucks. I will take it in to the dealer and see what they say about it. I will post back and let you know what they say.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Gas tank is on the drivers side. 28 gallons of gas weighs approximately 170 lbs.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
^^^ not when others don't have a problem.

sounds like a faulty suspension part (spring, strut, etc.)

·
Registered
392 Posts
PRJ said:
Gas tank is on the drivers side. 28 gallons of gas weighs approximately 170 lbs.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

That will show up with total body lean, not just bed lean! Mine leans when full, but its in the suspension, not the body panels.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
06titancrewse said:
Is there any way to adjust the bed? Mine sits almost 3/4" lower on the drivers side. At first I thought the whole truck might sit lower on the drivers side because of the gas tank so I measured it. The cab is almost perfectly level. Next i measured the top of the bed to the bottom of the rear window and it sits just short of 3/4" on the drivers side. Its enough that you can tell when you stand behind it. Are they all like this and Im being to anal or can fix it?
Can you post a pic of it?

·
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took it to the dealer today and they replaced a rubber bumpstop looking thing that goes between the bed and the frame. The one they took out was smashed flat. The service guy said it looked like it was over tighten and thats why it was flatten. Now my bed sits flat and I'm happy. I went under my truck to make sure they didnt use washers or anything and it all looks good. I was affraid it was going to be one of those things that takes several trips to fix but they got it right the first time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Glad they got you taken care of and didn't try to BS you on it. Somebody got a little overzealous with the air wrench during assembly. It happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts