Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ron, I have bought a 2500 Silverado Diesel and this exhaust pipe is so ugly I almost want to back it into a hill to push it up under the truck. Are you doing anything for the silverados?? Keep in mind that It has to have that air flow just like the normal tips you make and the temps will exceed 1000 degrees acording to the manual during regeneration. If your not familiar with that process the new diesels trap 90 percent of the particals in the diesel exhaust and about 1 time per tank of gas the comp. will tell it to burn it off so it goes through a "regeneration cycle" to burn it that takes about 20 mins to do. I will send some pics for you to see if you are interested in makeing them. I would suspect that if you do it will be a very large market for these as chevy has slapped this ugly pipe on with the pipe writing still on it. Talk about cheap!!! 55K truck with this ugly thing on it. Ok enough about my dissappointment in this tip. Heres the pics.




 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Cant have enough pics!!

 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks GO GO! Much not appreciated!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,122 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Thanks GO GO! Much not appreciated!!
I was agreeing with you.
I also can't believe that they wouldn't do a little more for the cosmetics of it.
you brought it up.........:paranoid:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
141,094 Posts
gadget74 said:
I was agreeing with you.
I also can't believe that they wouldn't do a little more for the cosmetics of it.
you brought it up.........:paranoid:
That pipe is fugly.
What about the cosmetics for the rest of the truck?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gadget74 said:
I was agreeing with you.
I also can't believe that they wouldn't do a little more for the cosmetics of it.
you brought it up.........:paranoid:
LOL :bang: Figured you were kicking me while I was down!! :cheers: I'll see you back in the whore room!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
141,094 Posts
Just kidding.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43,122 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
LOL :bang: Figured you were kicking me while I was down!! :cheers: I'll see you back in the whore room!
You've gotten cranky since owning a chebby.......:rofl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,271 Posts
Who are you kidding, Chubs? You're not kidding, just like the rest of us aren't! That is one FUGLY exhaust. Not to mention, just like the owner, the pipe looks a little kinky. :huh: What's the kink in this picture doing for the exhaust?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blackbeauty said:
Who are you kidding, Chubs? You're not kidding, just like the rest of us aren't! That is one FUGLY exhaust. Not to mention, just like the owner, the pipe looks a little kinky. :huh: What's the kink in this picture doing for the exhaust?

Like I said it gets hot, very hot! The kink is there to keep it away from the spare tire. And the kink on the other side is there to keep it away from the rear drive tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Sorry guys I've been absent from this forum for awhile, so many forums very little time these days... What did you have in mind? If it's just a tip replacement what size is the tail pipe? 3.5"? Please give me a call to discuss further. We have some experimental diesel tips we were toying with maybe we can do some testing. Ron 866-4Zoomers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is a 4 in. pipe. That is the best measurment I could get from the side. I cant get one from the tip because it tapers in. I will give ya a call and we can get this figured out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
well heli after looking thru those pics i couldnt decide wether you were talking about your truck or the exaust tip... haha jk man i actually like the new silverados.. yours is very nice but im not sure if id leave a titan for it... why dont you just tack on a new tip ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
killcatzforfun said:
well heli after looking thru those pics i couldnt decide wether you were talking about your truck or the exaust tip... haha jk man i actually like the new silverados.. yours is very nice but im not sure if id leave a titan for it... why dont you just tack on a new tip ?
Trust me, this tailpipe is way uglier than the truck barly but it is. I had to leave the Titan. My trailers were simply to heavy to safely be towed by my beloved Titan. I hated more than any other vehicle to see that one go.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top