Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove my heat shield so that I can find my exhaust leak.

My question is can I remove it and still be able to drive my truck without it being a issue? Or would it be best to bend it down?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i learned from my last truck if you bend them, they will eventually rattle on you, and it's annoying.

i ended up just crawling under my T, turned the truck on, and had someone press the gas peddle while i'm down there feeling for a leak.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks karim, I just had my girl hit the gas and felt it coming out of the right side and a smaller one on the left side.
Thats why I could find it before because I would just get under the truck and feel for a leak.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no this is on the manifold, I had swapped out the muffler last week.

·
Premium Member
15,707 Posts
crack in the manifold, or where its welded/bolted to the pipe?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't tell because it's hard to look around the heat shield, I just did like karim said and put my hand up there to feel the leak while my girl pushed the gas. I want to take the shield off so I can see where it is.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't do that because I have 140k on my truck :crying:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea but I can't afford them till the end of august.
I thinking about jba or obx shorties and since im 2wd just add a b pipe with a cats

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have removed the heat shield on other trucks of mine and never hada problem. On my old Dodge Dakota the bed got warm but not hot. Idk about up my the cab tho. Just figured I would let you know if it helps at all.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have removed the heat shield on other trucks of mine and never hada problem. On my old Dodge Dakota the bed got warm but not hot. Idk about up my the cab tho. Just figured I would let you know if it helps at all.
yea i might have to do that and see if this shop can do a temporary repair till I can replace them.

I'd go jba, I'll see if I can find you a good deal somewhere.
I appreciate that, cause with summer school start I need to save every buck I can

·
Registered
353 Posts
when i had to replace my manifolds on my 05 i bent the heat shields to hell and never put them back on that was 10k miles ago and still havent had a problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts