Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 Nissan Titan. Discovered after I bought it that the vehicle hails from the mighty land of Canada. I love the truck, but have one issue with it. The truck is equipped with dual climate control, each side with its own digital temperature display. The temperature reads in Celsius. I was not able to locate, in the owner's manual, how/if this can be changed to Fahrenheit. I would really appreciate any help that can be offered.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 Nissan Titan. Discovered after I bought it that the vehicle hails from the mighty land of Canada. I love the truck, but have one issue with it. The truck is equipped with dual climate control, each side with its own digital temperature display. The temperature reads in Celsius. I was not able to locate, in the owner's manual, how/if this can be changed to Fahrenheit. I would really appreciate any help that can be offered.
COMPASS AND OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE DISPLAY (if so equipped)
This unit has the following functions:
c Measures terrestrial magnetism and indicates
heading direction of vehicle
c Indicates outside air temperature
c Indicates possible frozen road conditions

With the ignition switch in the ON position, press
the mode button as described in the chart below
to activate various features of the compass and
outside temperature display.

Push and hold the mode button for about: 1 second
Feature: Compass display toggles: °F ! °C ! OFF ! °F

Push and hold the mode button for about: 5 seconds
Feature: Compass zone can be changed to correct false compass readings

Push and hold the mode button for about: 10 seconds
Feature: Compass enters calibration mode

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Nissan Titan is assembled in Mississippi. USA, Who ever told you it was from Canada is off there rocker. I also have a 2011 Titan and have the same issue. The Dealer where I bought it gave me the same answer. However recently I had a remote start installed. I went to start the truck one day and hit the button a second time. I got in and noticed the display was now on Fahrenheit. When I started it later that day it was back to Celsius. I assume that if the truck is plugged into a computer, it can be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
He's not saying the truck was built in Canada. He's saying it's a Canadian truck, in that it's set up with metric rather than imperial measures. Curious if the Speedo has kilometers per hour as primary and if it reads in miles or km on the odometer. If it's in mph and reading miles, it's not truly a Canadian truck, or the cluster has been changed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Freezing- 0C, 32F
Boiling- 100C, 212F
For every degree C, F changes 1.8 degrees.
20C=68F comfy in warm or cold weather. Set and forget.

You're welcome from the mighty land of Canada

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get the conversion, it's just one of those things that earks me. Also now that i know it can display in Fahrenheit, I would like it to. If VW can tweak their computers to read emissions, I know there is a way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DId anyone ever figure out if this is doable? I am looking at a 2018 Pro-4X that also hails from Canada and is displaying in Celsius. I told the dealer that it needed to be switched to F, and they called the local Nissan dealer who explained it could not be changed. I have a hard time believing that.. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts