Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Titan 3 weeks ago and also purchased a Gold-plus warranty from the dealership. Now that I've been researching them a little more, I can save $500 by buying the same warranty from a different seller.

My question is; can you cancel with dealership you bought it from and re-purchase it from one of the online sellers??? It's the same warranty so does Nissan mark you VIN as "not-warrantable" because you already purchased a warranty?? I know you have 60 days to cancel it, but can you turn around and re-purchase a contract for a cheaper price from another seller/dealership??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Some things you should be aware of.

First, you didn't buy a warranty, you bought an Extended Service Contract.

Second, if you financed your T and cancel the ESC, you do not get the money refunded to you. It will go to the bank (finance company) that you have your loan with. That means you will have to pay cash out of your pocket for a new contract.

Third, not all ESC's are equal. If you bought a Nissan ESC (meaning Nissan North America is the company issuing it), you should not dump it for a cheap aftermarket plan. Besides iffy coverage (parts that are not covered, uses aftermarket, or used, parts), if the aftermarket company folds (not uncommon) you have nothing. You get what you pay for.

Your new vehicle warranty is not affected by having, canceling, or not having an ESC.

Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I agree. if you purchased and financed the extended warranty, leave it be. Unless your dealer is somehow willing to bring you back in and write up a new contract without the extended warranty amd lower your payments, I believe you're stuck with that payment so just leave it as it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I should have been a little more clear in my initial post.

1. It was a Nissan extended service contract purchased and financed through the dealer.

2. I'm refinancing the loan through my credit union next month, so when the money goes back to the original lien holder (Nissan) it's ok. Of course, I'm waiting until the refund posts to my account before I re-finance it.

3. The extended service contract I'm looking to buy is the same Nissan offered warranty; just I'm not getting hosed from the dealer. Some dealers go for the volume sales approach (market nationally; make less per warranty, but sell more.

I'm just concerned that I am essentially re-buying the exact same contract from a different seller. Does this work??

Thanks again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really don't see a problem. You might want to check with the dealer you will be buying the new contract from just for your piece of mind.

If it matters, don't assume that your credit union will cover the cost of the new contract. Again, check with them before you pull the trigger.

Enjoy your Titan!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts