Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Lately there have been a few questions regarding the VKPro, basically what exactly can it do and what can't it do. I hope this helps, and if you still have questions feel free to ask and I will update the lists.

Can's:

Supply an additional 30HP and 40TQ to a bone-stock showroom prep truck
Adjust air/fuel ratio for more power
Adjust timing for more aggressive performance
Sense trouble situations and retard itself
Be installed in less than ten minutes with the plug and play harness
Be removed in less than ten minutes in case of any warranty issues
Leaves no trace of installation...No one will ever know it was in there

Can not's:

Adjust drive-by wire/Wide open throttle controls
Remove speed limiter
Does not have a Map A or Map B
Will not work with 2 degree timing advance

It does require 91 or higher octane. And will not work on 2007's.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
will it work with my charger?? lol....lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not a Stage 3 upgrade...Although I bet you wish you had this wiring harness back when you installed your supercharger.

·
Registered
455 Posts
so can you run 91 octane one day with the chip, then take it out the next and run 87? or are you required to run 91 all the time?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
V8 TITAN said:
so can you run 91 octane one day with the chip, then take it out the next and run 87? or are you required to run 91 all the time?
Yes you would need to remove the module if you want to run 87. As long as the VK Pro is hook up to your ECU, 91 is a must.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wonder what kind of numbers it will get with 105 ? :idea:

·
Registered
902 Posts
it cannot work with the 2 degree timing advance right?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
V8 TITAN said:
Yes you can. If you want to run alternate fuels you would have to remove the VKPro until you have the 91 octane fuel in your tank.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Great details, Kyle! When I told my wife about the 91 octane, she wasn't too thrilled. Then I told her if money is tight one month, and I need to cut costs, I'll unplug the harness, plug back stock, and run 87. When things are back to "OK", run out all 87, plug chip back in, and fill with 91.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
It does require 91 or higher octane. And will not work on 2007's.
Kyle, does this mean that 2007 models are not on the radar screen for a VKPro module? Or will the module be offered if it is determined that the 2007 and 2008 engine management is similar?

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
decypher44 said:
Great details, Kyle! When I told my wife about the 91 octane, she wasn't too thrilled. Then I told her if money is tight one month, and I need to cut costs, I'll unplug the harness, plug back stock, and run 87. When things are back to "OK", run out all 87, plug chip back in, and fill with 91.
The cost difference for a fillup using 91 instead of 87 would be less than $5 per tank.

·
Registered
511 Posts
AgTitan06 said:
The cost difference for a fillup using 91 instead of 87 would be less than $5 per tank.
When times are tight, every dollar counts. My wife works on commission. There are good months and bad. And since our truck has really bad mileage, and I drive a distance to work and back, you can multiply that $5 by 10 = $50.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts