Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I am pulling a 30 feet trailer with my 2005 Nissan Titan LE Crew cab and I can’t get the column shifter to go into 4 , 3 etc. I have press the switch-to Manual transmission button on the top of the column shifter and the gauge still reads automatic. If I press the + on the column shifter then it move 4 gear and switch right back.

Any idea or suggestions!

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
rsawh said:
Hi There,
I am pulling a 30 feet trailer with my 2005 Nissan Titan LE Crew cab and I can’t get the column shifter to go into 4 , 3 etc. I have press the switch-to Manual transmission button on the top of the column shifter and the gauge still reads automatic. If I press the + on the column shifter then it move 4 gear and switch right back.

Any idea or suggestions!

Thanks in Advance.
Havent heard of that one before. My column shifter stuck in park and I had to grind the pin out of it to be able to shift it out of park. After that I could shift it without my foot on the brake. But with that, it sounds like something in the comp. or a bad switch. Take it to the dealer and see if they can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Havent heard of that one before. My column shifter stuck in park and I had to grind the pin out of it to be able to shift it out of park. After that I could shift it without my foot on the brake. But with that, it sounds like something in the comp. or a bad switch. Take it to the dealer and see if they can figure it out.
I vote for a bad switch too.
Take it in.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
First off, you have to engage the manual mode by pressing the button at the very end of the column, that will put it in 4, then use the toggle switch for gear selection. It's a two step process.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply.

I just came back from the dealer and yes, something is stuck. I cannot get a straight answer if it is the switch or something major but it is still under warranty not a biggie.

·
Registered
63 Posts
rsawh said:
Thanks to everyone who posted a reply.

I just came back from the dealer and yes, something is stuck. I cannot get a straight answer if it is the switch or something major but it is still under warranty not a biggie.
i had the same problem they replaced the whole shifter. no big deal was covered

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I thought I update the forum on my “Re: Cant’s shift to manual shifting mode / stuck in Auto” question.

Solution: I was told by the dealer that it was a faulty instrument cluster. It has been replaced and it was under warranty and the Truck pull’s like a drunken whore looking for more action.

Thanks all for replying.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
rsawh said:
Well I thought I update the forum on my “Re: Cant’s shift to manual shifting mode / stuck in Auto” question.

Solution: I was told by the dealer that it was a faulty instrument cluster. It has been replaced and it was under warranty and the Truck pull’s like a drunken whore looking for more action.

Thanks all for replying.
So your odometer reads 0 now? :eyebrow:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it actually reads 41,000KM and that’s approximately what it was when I drop it off at the dealer. Originally it was a US truck and bought at a NISSAN auction. I was told that it was a lease buy back and shipped to Canada. I figure the reason the US dealer dump it at the auction was because of this problem. Anyway it appears that Trucks and RV buying directly from the US is now a booming business for second hand operators with the CND dollar being close to US in exchange rate but a whole different topic for this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helinut1970 said:

Hi There;
Had the same problem with my 2004 Titan crew cab, it was a faulty switch on the column shifter that wasn't covered under warranty. $400.00 and 1 hour later the problem was rectified:crying:

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Ouch...$400 How much were the parts? I think I'd be replacing that one myself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the same problem, and I hope yours doesn't escalate to the level of mine. (see http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/61618-shifter-problems.html) My shifter problem started out differently, but now it does what you describe. So far, tech has replaced the valve body (original fix), the thumb shifter switch, and the instrument cluster -- but still have the problem. I think it is related to the electronics in the valve body, but I'm not a Nissan tech...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts