Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! First of all I just got my first Titan the other day! 2008 Black pro4x crew cab, bye bye dodge ram lol, anyways, I went to put my tie downs, etc. in the bedside storage compartment and the key wont go in all the way to open it. I didnt wanna force it and my buddy has a titan and was with me and he said it wasnt right. I was wondering if anyone had issues with this. Im assuming it wasnt used by the previous owner and maybe just needs some lube or something. Just lookin for some advice! This forum is very informative so far but didnt see anything on my issue.

·
Registered
855 Posts
which key are you using? the one that you would use to start the truck as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have two key with two remotes and the key, i am using the same key thats for the ignition, my buddy with his titan says his ignition key works in his. I dont think a key was broke in there. I didnt wanna force it cuz the key would of bent. I will try the compressed air then some penetrating oil next chance I get. Thanks for the responses! On a side note I hit my lock button on the Fob three times and the truck started, Im assuming aftermarket? I didnt see any info on factory remote starters.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The key thing must've changed between 06 to 08... Both mine open the bedside box as well as interior center console locking compartment... The third "key" i got was a plastic card with key cut inside for door lock in case of lockout... hhhhmmmm....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh thanks, i have three keys and the one i threw on my key chain didnt have the chrome logo, the other two have the chrome logo, ill try the chrome one in the morning!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Your third key should be just the valet or "lockout" key... Try it in the doorlock to be sure, and stick it in your wallet or a hidden SECURE location that it won't get knocked loose, under one of the fenders, bedside, or bumpers... (zip tie to wiring harness along frame)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
there is only one ignition key
if your key is just black without the chrome nissan logo it will NOT open the side box
if it has the chrome logo it should open the side box.
This ^^^ the one with the chrome logo will open everything.
The other key with the black nissan logo is a Valet key, it will work in you ignition... making them both ignition keys but the black one will NOt open your glovebox/tailgate/center consol/bedside storage.

·
Registered
979 Posts
What do you all use your bedside storage for? I usedto keep tow straps in there but i found it to be inconvenient to open it everytime i needed them so i just throw them in the bed. So basically all mine does is fill up with sand and stuff.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
15,661 Posts
What do you all use your bedside storage for? I usedto keep tow straps in there but i found it to be inconvenient to open it everytime i needed them so i just throw them in the bed. So basically all mine does is fill up with sand and stuff.

-Dave

I keep all kinda of stuff in there...

rubber straps, ratchet straps, trailer wire adaptor, receiver, extra ball, ratchet wrench with socket to fit receiver step, and a towel.:ftard:

·
Registered
979 Posts
I gotcha i kinda want to get a standard quarter panel like my old le had. Thats deff at the bottom of my list though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I pretty much use my storage box for all things towing and tie down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts