Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am frustrated. I have not been able to program my new keyless entry pad. I have followed the steps carefully, and had my wife and daughter check behind me. Still no luck.
I am able to get thru section 5- programming the vehicle to recognize the Keypad. (I am able to get the doors to lock using the 7/8 , 9/0 keys.)

I cannot get section 6 to work- programming a personal entry code. (The 9/0 key never flashes twice nor do the doors unlock.)

Any suggestions??? I hate to think I have to send it back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
If you can get it to work it's a good sign already. Does your factory code work as far as it locking and unlocking doors? If so you need that code to enter your personal code. Keep in mind that the personal code does not erased the factory code.

Anyway when following the step by step everything has to be done in 5 sec. or less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. Section 5 (programming the veh to recogn the keypad) doesn't require the factory code to be entered.

Section 6 starts
A. with entering the factory set code, then
B. pressing the 1/2 with the 5/6 button for at least 2 secs- untill the 9/0 flashes twice or the doors unlock. Then
C. I enter my personal 5 digit code.

I never get past B because the 9/0 never flashes nor the doors unlock! Frustrating.

I have an 04. Other's have said the keypad will work on 04s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
I couldn't get mine to program because the light in the dash did not flash. But my dash would make a very faint tick sound, and somebody was able to get it done OK. Just a comment. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
Machado7 said:
Yup. Section 5 (programming the veh to recogn the keypad) doesn't require the factory code to be entered.

Section 6 starts
A. with entering the factory set code, then
B. pressing the 1/2 with the 5/6 button for at least 2 secs- untill the 9/0 flashes twice or the doors unlock. Then
C. I enter my personal 5 digit code.

I never get past B because the 9/0 never flashes nor the doors unlock! Frustrating.

I have an 04. Other's have said the keypad will work on 04s.
Reason I'm asking if the factory code unlock your door is to see if the pairing process was successful. If the factory code does not not work than the pairing process was not completed. If the factory code does work than maybe soemthing is wrong with the keypad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The pairing step appears to have worked because it says "Open the Dr door to end pairing". Check the oper of the Keypad by presseing the 7/8 and 9/0 keys. If the doors do not open up, repeat the" pairing. My doors opened with that key touch, so I think pairing is good.

The next step has failed- entering the code provided on the paper failed.

Maybe I should try to enter the code that came w/ the truck?
Maybe it wont work with an early 04 despite threads to the contrary?
Maybe those faint click heard in the above post are Ill Im gonna hear in section 6?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
Machado7 said:
The pairing step appears to have worked because it says "Open the Dr door to end pairing". Check the oper of the Keypad by presseing the 7/8 and 9/0 keys. If the doors do not open up, repeat the" pairing. My doors opened, so I thing pairing is good.

The next step has failed- entering the code provided on the paper failed.

Maybe I should try to enter the code that came w/ the truck?
Maybe it wont work with an early 04 despite threads to the contrary?
Maybe those faint click heard in the above post are Ill Im gonna hear in section 6?
I think your keypad has one or more button that is defective. Since you try the code that came with the paper that did not open the door.

The code on the instruction paper is your code, no other code that came with the truck.
Lots of peoples have them on 04 so I don't think that's a problem. Since it seems to pair OK and can lock the door with it.

As for the click you can try and listen to it as if the light is flashing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Machado7 said:
The pairing step appears to have worked because it says "Open the Dr door to end pairing". Check the oper of the Keypad by presseing the 7/8 and 9/0 keys. If the doors do not open up, repeat the" pairing. My doors opened, so I thing pairing is good.

The next step has failed- entering the code provided on the paper failed.

Maybe I should try to enter the code that came w/ the truck?
Maybe it wont work with an early 04 despite threads to the contrary?
Maybe those faint click heard in the above post are Ill Im gonna hear in section 6?

I got mine last wednesday and installed it. It works great and I have a 2004 built 03/04...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gotboost? said:
I got mine last wednesday and installed it. It works great and I have a 2004 built 03/04...
Well that settles that. If I cant get it to work, either the pad or "the operator" is defective!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Still cant get it to open the doors or acknowledge entry of the factory code. I hate this type of problem.

By the way. My keypad came in 2 pieces (black cover separated from the rest.) Do you suppose it was damaged some where along the way? Do they all come separated in this fashion?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
Machado7 said:
Still cant get it to open the doors or acknowledge entry of the factory code. I hate this type of problem.
If that's the case I'm almost certain you got a defective unit. Since it does lock the door with the 7/8 and 9/0 button it mean the pairing was successful. That rule out your truck as the problem. See if you can swap it out for a new one from place of purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Machado7 said:
Still cant get it to open the doors or acknowledge entry of the factory code. I hate this type of problem.

By the way. My keypad came in 2 pieces (black cover separated from the rest.) Do you suppose it was damaged some where along the way? Do they all come separated in this fashion?
I feel ya, I had nothing but problems on my homelink. Just to let you know mine did NOT come that way. I betcha it is damaged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gotboost? said:
I feel ya, I had nothing but problems on my homelink. Just to let you know mine did NOT come that way. I betcha it is damaged.
I had the foresight to snap a pic while it was in the bag- UNopened. If yours came in 1 piece, then the CSI in me says - "Its bust up"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
I have had mine for a long time on my 04 and until recently it worked great. Recently it stopped locking the doors. It unlocks them fine, just won't lock them. I hear the locks click but they are not locked. Not sure why as nothing changed in my setup. At least it unlocks which I guess is more important than locking anyway. Never get locked out that way. Hard to get unlocked in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rrumaner said:
I have had mine for a long time on my 04 and until recently it worked great. Recently it stopped locking the doors. It unlocks them fine, just won't lock them. I hear the locks click but they are not locked. Not sure why as nothing changed in my setup. At least it unlocks which I guess is more important than locking anyway. Never get locked out that way. Hard to get unlocked in.
I got it! Ill send you my DEFECTIVE PIECE OF...crap, and then you can lock w/ mine and unlock w/ yours!! (AKA Dumb and Dumber).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well- you guys were right. The prior key pad was defective. The new one came in and 1 programmed it in 3 minutes (by memory given all attempts w/ the defective one.)
Thanks for the advice and support. Nissan sent me a new one and a return shipping label. DONE.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top