Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess none are available yet?

Does anyone know anything about availability?

Which company makes the best cap?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a cap on mine and I love it. ARE makes a cap, i'm not sure about shell. www.4are.com and under customer pictures my titan is downloaded there. If you need for me to post a picture let me know.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dickyn said:
I have a cap on mine and I love it. ARE makes a cap, i'm not sure about shell. www.4are.com and under customer pictures my titan is downloaded there. If you need for me to post a picture let me know.
That looks nice, fits the truck very well. Very tempting, as my truck is the same color as yours. I was thinking about waiting for one of the taller ones that nobody seems to have at the moment.

Can you remove it easily if you want to haul something big?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think you can remove it easily, but then again I'm not sure. Since I haven't had my truck for a while. It's at the dealer getting it painted. check out under http://titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=9490 dealer/problems and "needs help quickly" for pictures and info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
bestatchess said:
I guess none are available yet?

Does anyone know anything about availability?

Which company makes the best cap?
I wrote to SnugTop and got the following:

We are in receipt of your email and appreciate your interest in our products. Gary, we are currently working on our Super Sport shell for the Nissan Titan crew cab and extended cab pickups.The release of this unit is expected until mid to late March. Please contact me within this time frame for a product update.

Regards,
Ricardo Flores
Snugtop Marketing Department​

And from Leer:

Gary, our Model 100R is now available in your part of the country. It was released recently - some LEER Distributors may not yet be aware, but they can call to confirm.​

I live in Sacramento, CA. I have no idea what other areas it's available. It may be that they support only the King or Crew models but not both.

Hope this helps,

--Gary

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Hope this helps,"

Yes, much. Thanks. Which one would you go with the Snug Top or the Leer?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I plan to get a Leer Cap, myself. The distributor in my area said it wasn't available yet (Mass.) but should be available when my truck comes in May.

I'd love to see some photos of trucks w/caps. I'll defintely post some, but it's still a few months away (unfortunately!!!!).

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'll be getting a Can-Back soft shell for my truck. It's really trick. They will be using my truck to set up the production units.

Can-Back

·
Registered
27 Posts
bestatchess said:
"Hope this helps,"

Yes, much. Thanks. Which one would you go with the Snug Top or the Leer?
Cool!

I've got a SnugTop on my 97 RAM. The shell is 6 years old. Only two problems with it, the contact cement holding the rubber weather strip for the lid gave out and the brake light lens is fading. Paint and shell body are still great. No fading or cracking (the minor scratches are mine).

I'll probably get another SnugTop because it's a known quantity for me.

The Leer is probably just as good. In fact they did a "project" with the Titan. Check out this link: "http://www.leer.com/titanproject.html".

--Gary

·
Registered
19 Posts
Leer's got a top...

In Colorado I can get a Leer topper 100R (base model) with 3 week lead-time, Leer is working on the QX(?) top-of-the-line.

The Snugtop dealer said they're still working on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts