Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but a coworker brought in the Feb issue of Car & Driver Mag and they ranked the Titan Crew Cab #1 against the other fullsize crew cabs:

1. Titan
2. Ford w/5.4
3. Dodge w/Hemi
4. Toyota
5. Chevy w/5.3

It's a pretty thorough write up as well. The Titan beat all the others in every engine performance test! The Toy even smoked the Ford in some tests.

Karl

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'll have to check it out. So far every magazine seems to hint that the 305 claimed hp is low. As for the Toy, it definitely makes good use of the power it has. To me, it felt just as powerful as the others, with the exception of the Titan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there Chubaca,

You asked me to upload some pictures a while back but unfortunately I was unable to pull it off. Anything more technical than a toaster has me lost.:eek: I've been in the oilfields for the past 2 1/2 weeks and away from the computer so I have been unable to reply. As for the various competitions between the new trucks I have found that the Titan has won 4 and the F-150 has one. The Titan has Fourwheeler, Sport Truck, Car & Driver, and Consumer Report (maybe Digest?). Ford got Motortrend. Maybe they should stick to cars and cute ute's since their reason for the pick was that the interior was more "cush" and that there were more variations of the truck. For some reason not a single variation of the supposed 60 odd of them could beat the Titan in what mattered most, performance. I say let them pay $34,00 for a blue oval badge and talk about how ugly the grille on the Titan is. It's not as iff they get to see it much unless we come up from behind and even that won't last long.:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
No problem, but I don't remember asking for pics. I saw the Motor Trend article. I think these guys are picking the Ford based on the interior. I would agree that the interior of the F-150 is a step above the others, but my right foot likes the Titan the best. The interior of the Titan is really nice too.
Peterson's 4-wheel & Off-road picked the Touareg over the Titan. I don't know what that's about.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm in love with the Titan interior. I don't know what it is about it exactly, but I feel at home with my rear planted in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I definitely know what you mean. While I really like the Ford interior, the Nissan felt like it "fit" better than any of the other trucks. They just felt cold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree that the F-150 interior is better than the Titans but if I wanted a luxury interior I'd buy a car. Can you imagine the problems that will crop up when that complex interior has been thumped around for a couple of years? I think the appeal of the Titan interior is that although it is contemporary it's still rugged as a truck should be. I hear gripes about how cheap the plastic looks but I just don't see it. I am a Chevy fan but their interiors as well as Dodges make the Titans look like it belongs in a Bentley! I have only three complaints regarding the interior. 1) The cruise control lights need to dim with the instruments. 2) On occasion I have shut off the headlights when hitting the turn signal. Needs better detents. 3) When the seat belts twist up and don't retract on the king cab they have a tendency to knock loose the lower molding / kick panel when the back door is closed.

As for the Toureg pick, I have no clue. How many of them will find their way off road you think? I realize they are trying to be objective but come on, this is an off road magazine and off road capabilities should be first and foremost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts