Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you guys know, I have been researching the Titan for months now and will be purchasing one as soon as my Camaro is sold. But was just curious about what you guys think in regards to the awards the F150 has been earning. Of course we all know it got Motortrend's truck of the year. Now, just this past weekend, it got one of Car&Driver's 5best truck awards--the 2004 best pickup....what do you guys think about the F150, its awards, new innovations, etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
Just to let you guys know, I have been researching the Titan for months now and will be purchasing one as soon as my Camaro is sold. But was just curious about what you guys think in regards to the awards the F150 has been earning. Of course we all know it got Motortrend's truck of the year. Now, just this past weekend, it got one of Car&Driver's 5best truck awards--the 2004 best pickup....what do you guys think about the F150, its awards, new innovations, etc.
I think each truck has its strengths. No glaring weaknesses with the current crop of new trucks out there. Ita all a matter of what best meets your needs. For example, I really like the Titan motor, sporty looks, tranny and utility bed package. The F-150 has rear seat power windows, a slightly slicker interior (IMHO), possible a slightly smoother ride and a history of durability. C&D seems to want it both ways. They picked the Titan in a head to head pickup comparison but now pick the F-150 as the best pickup in a broader SUV kind of comparison. I use the magazines to try to pick up trends in the reviews. In the end, its what features are the most important to you. For me, the Titan wins. For others, the F-150 is better.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the car the Car and Driver truck reviews today on Spike TV. They gave the edge to the F150 over the Titan not because the F150 drove better but because it offered the buyer more options such as bed length choices, a regular cab option, and two engine choices. F150 engine choices? Give me a break! You get a choice between a engine that is totally lame and one that is barely adequate. Is that a choice? Cab choices? Who buys a regular cab anyway? I like the Titan because on some things you don't get a choice. Everyone gets a five speed transmission. Everyone gets a 379 ft. lbs. torque engine, etc. (No wimpy V6's or 4 speeds offered). I could go on and on. If the editors of Car & Driver like choices so much I suggest that they order an F150 with Utili-Track, factory spray in bedliner, tailgate illumination, and a five speed transmission and hold their breath until it comes in! :jester:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the car the Car and Driver truck reviews today on Spike TV. They gave the edge to the F150 over the Titan not because the F150 drove better but because it offered the buyer more options such as bed length choices, a regular cab option, and two engine choices. F150 engine choices? Give me a break! You get a choice between a engine that is totally lame and one that is barely adequate. Is that a choice? Cab choices? Who buys a regular cab anyway? I like the Titan because on some things you don't get a choice. Everyone gets a five speed transmission. Everyone gets a 379 ft. lbs. torque engine, etc. (No wimpy V6's or 4 speeds offered). I could go on and on. If the editors of Car & Driver like choices so much I suggest that they order an F150 with Utili-Track, factory spray in bedliner, tailgate illumination, and a five speed transmission and hold their breath until it comes in! :jester:
yes i agree. i love how they knock the TITAN for what it's NOT. they aren't knocking the existing truck, just what nissan doesnt offer. you know what i'm saying? like they knock it for not having different engine offerings. you see how they are knocking not the truck itself, but for what it DOESN'T EVEN HAVE? how about you test the truck itself, truck to truck. i hate that. truck for truck the TITAN wins hands down.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
My feelings, exactly, Bayou Titan! I wouldn't have enjoyed the buying experience if I'd had forty dozen configuration, trim level, option packages, etc, to choose from like Ford offers...sounds unlikely in that case of ever finding just what you want in stock, as I did with Titan....I think a lot of Ford choices are just plain overkill...no wonder they charge so much more, having a juggernaut like that! It will take a little while, but Titan's superiority will be increasingly apparent as time goes by! :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan's observation is on the money.

hey people tend to be resistant to change (it's call being 'reactionary' not just being 'conservative': whether it's for the better or not:
For the longest time vast majority of earthlings thought (the one's that did any thinking at all) that the sun revolved around the earth.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
That's very true Pluckyew. The Big Three truck manufacturers still think that the world revolves around them. Take note Big Three; there's another truck here that's "outa this world"!

·
Registered
330 Posts
People, Magazines will always have baises. The Big 3" are jealous of competition... Why? If it is nothing worth worrying about.
These guy's (magazines) have to think about advertising dollars. How many Ford and Dodge commercials are you seeing? Don't bite the hand that feeds you! :eh:

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's all smoke and mirrors to me. In the Car and Driver pickup/suv Buyer's Guide for 04 they rate the F150 as best in class. The have breif write-up's for each vehicle which are clearly cut and pasted from previous write-up's. There are a couple of comments that simply make me laugh and realize what a joke their reviews are. Like, "the 5.4 liter V-8 isn't a bad choice for the performance minded. A lariat we tested ran from 0 to 60 mph in just 8.2 seconds...only the breeze-weight, 4820-pound Toyota Tundra Ltd comes close to that pace with an 8.6-second time." Yet, 2 pages later in the Titan write-up it mentions that it ran 0-60 in 6.9 seconds...apparently basic math skills are hard to come buy at C&D. It also calls Titan an "overbearing name" for the truck. Comic relief if nothing else!

:futwice: Car & Driver...

Karl

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
I dunno, maybe Ford gives them more money than Nissan?

·
Registered
514 Posts
You know, C&D gives it best truck in the shootout, and it's the truth. The don't give it another award and they're biased. :) Just playing devil's advocate... :smoke:

The F150 guys said when the Titan won the shootout "It's CAR and driver, not Truck and Driver, so who cares what they say..." I'm sure now they're saying "Ya! F150 rules! Just read C&D"

·
Registered
497 Posts
hmm ive never heard them say that, oh yea thats right, they are always too far behind me to be heard.
titan :haveredfl
ford :rollingsm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts