Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the tease guys.... :boxing:

Here is the scoops. In dash 10.4" touchscreen. DIY computer (specs given at a later time, not sure to buy new or rip apart friends old computer) RR front end, Shock 3.0 skin. Mated to a pair of Alpine amps, Kenwood 25th?? Anniversary Components, and a TECH12VOLT box. I promise pics, worklog and total costs.

Stay tuned for updates.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just ordered the screen. $219 shipped to Hawaii!!!

added picutre

Specs...

new 10.4 Desktop TFT LCD Monitor w Touch Screen + VGA

New! Factory sealed 10.4 inche Desktop TFT-lCD Monitor with Touch Screen for Car PC
Awesome Internet Blowout Sale. This is made by Shark. Model is SHK1040
Details
OSD Menu
Touch screen for PC, built-in amplifier
VGA input
USB input
Display size: 10.4 inches (4:3)
Very highest resolution: 1,024 x 768
Visual angle: 150 ,Brightness: 300 ,Contrast: 320
AV chromatic system: PAL, NTSC, Secam (auto switch)
Working power: 11.5 to 13V DC (900mA)
Electronic consumption: 10W (max)
Operation temperature: -20 to 60 degrees
Input port: double-channel video input, two audio input, one VGA input, one USB input and one power input
Four wires resistive touch screen interface (USB port)
Standard VGA input (15 pin D-SUB) can match with PC and GPS
Two RCA video input can match with VCD and DVD
RGB input for navigation display (optional)
Touch screen for PC display
Built-in speaker, amplifier and earphone jack
PC operation system: Windows XP, CE, Unix, ME and 2000
Brand new & Factory sealed
Accessories: Remote controle, easy useful manual, bracket, CD disc for drive, touch pen and cables

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
as long as everything goes as planned, in dash

·
Registered
33 Posts
R1max said:
Looks like it is giong to come out pretty good. Man I miss Hawaii, wish I could go back
Bro, you not missing nothing but the pretty view of women here. Thats it. Best bet is only visit for a weekend or week at a time, dont stay though. I had to move here because I played Arena Football here up until 2004. I never left. Now moving back as of tomorrow to Cali.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stupidity......

I guess either spend $1000 on an in dash 7" dvd player or just about the same or even less (freebies) and get a fully customizable touchscreen 10.4" system. Benefit only better as long as it no look too ghetto

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From OFF under 20 seconds. From Hibernate, under 10 seconds. from standby, under 5 seconds.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
With their limited exposure to the internet, you can skip the virus type software that slows down most computers. Turn off lots of unneeded utilities etc. It is streamlined, you can even run Linux.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Full time Osiris screen, GPS, DVD playback, mp3 playback. grrrr now I am wanting to do a carpc again!

Let me know how it turns out, I will be watching this threads progress.

·
Registered
42 Posts
what are you booting from? I used to boot from a compact flash drive and it helped boot times a lot. Good luck on your carputer.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
shdw03 said:
stupidity......

I guess either spend $1000 on an in dash 7" dvd player or just about the same or even less (freebies) and get a fully customizable touch screen 10.4" system. Benefit only better as long as it no look too ghetto
I would go with the carputer too, so long as you have the time and know-how to make it all fit. I was thinking to go with dual screens for mine, so you can watch Navigation on one and use the other for controlling the audio/video. Of course the treated screens are like $500-$600 each and much smaller the 10.5"... The difference is obviously that a carputer is much harder to really install perfectly like an in dash unit, but the benefits are sweet, like wireless MP3 file transfer or re-synchronizing overnight with your home PC.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damn, waiting for this free computer sux. CompUSA had a mobo and processor combo on sale for $99. NewEgg had some great combos as well. I don't know what to do......... I figure that the help with costs, I can get more stuff like GPS, larger HDD, Ram, ect. I would love to have SAT radio, but no work here in Hawaii.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
shdw03 said:
damn, waiting for this free computer sux. CompUSA had a mobo and processor combo on sale for $99. NewEgg had some great combos as well. I don't know what to do......... I figure that the help with costs, I can get more stuff like GPS, larger HDD, Ram, ect. I would love to have SAT radio, but no work here in Hawaii.
I was thinking Micro ATX woudl be the easiest to upgrade and might still fit under the seats. Make sure you get a decent sound card for the PC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you may want to keep in mind all of the options you now have with the free software available to read the data from the ODB II connection. You can see alot... engine RPM, MPG, Miles to Empty... there's all kinds of free software and some that isn't free. If you're into it, you can capture the date, parse it and display it in a custom frontend. Then you could see things like individual tire pressures.. if you wanted :bouncy:

... but i'm thinking that if you're in Hawaii that you prob have a lot of better things to get into. i've been there twice and almost had the chick convinced to move there until she bought her clk320.

at any rate, i'm all about this. i'm bored, in ohio and mad as he!! that i didn't get the NAV system. when that tire pressure light comes on and i don't know which tire is low... MAN I WANT TO BLOW A GASKET!! or the power seat... yea, if you have the nav system, you can stop it from moving everytime you get in and out... i wonder if the new Tundra does it??

keep it moving.. i can't wait to see that 10" screen mounted.

rex

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
wrecks8 said:
you may want to keep in mind all of the options you now have with the free software available to read the data from the ODB II connection. You can see alot... engine RPM, MPG, Miles to Empty... there's all kinds of free software and some that isn't free. If you're into it, you can capture the date, parse it and display it in a custom frontend. Then you could see things like individual tire pressures.. if you wanted :bouncy:

... but i'm thinking that if you're in Hawaii that you prob have a lot of better things to get into. i've been there twice and almost had the chick convinced to move there until she bought her clk320.

at any rate, i'm all about this. i'm bored, in ohio and mad as he!! that i didn't get the NAV system. when that tire pressure light comes on and i don't know which tire is low... MAN I WANT TO BLOW A GASKET!! or the power seat... yea, if you have the nav system, you can stop it from moving everytime you get in and out... i wonder if the new Tundra does it??

keep it moving.. i can't wait to see that 10" screen mounted.

rex
Yea you could even make adjustments on the fly :) I was thinking the same thign but it is a huge project...

1 - 20 of 124 Posts