Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 06 had it for a month and it started showing the service engine soon then the check engine light came on so I had it coded and it says its bank 1 and 2 converters and that I'm running lean...went to the muffler shop and found out the previous owner installed long tube headers and took out the front two cats... feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment... might you have some advice for a dude in need?

·
Registered
334 Posts
When you go to headers, you have to get the truck tuned, some people will put stock tune back on the truck and sell their tuner (uprev) when they sell the truck

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
When I put my long tube headers in I found out that the catalytic converters in the b-pipes were either shot or just couldn't keep up. So it's possible that the downstream catalytic converters are toast.

A lot of guys are getting LT headers and then aftermarket b-pipes with the sensor bung after the catalytic converter. A tune is also needed in most cases. This usually takes care of the codes.

Either way, it's going to cost some money to eliminate the code.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The good news is, installing aftermarket "B-pipes" is super easy compared to installing headers. Order your b-pipes from Cajun b-pipes (just google it) and plan to get tuned afterward. Total cost will be roughly $1K, but the good news is, you won't have to pay much for install and it won't take 8hrs, only about 2hrs. Beyond that, you'll want to buckle your seatbelt...

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
Mrjunction, do a visual check of the b-pipes. If the sensor bung is after the catalytic converter then you already have aftermarket b-pipes and a tune may be all you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the plot thickens....sputtering around 2k rpm feels like I'm not getting fuel ...had to drive from portland to Albany for drill and any time I get on the accelerator it bogs down and kinda sounds like it backfires sometimes is it the cats mfas fuel pump? Any insight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts