Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at a spring training baseball game Sunday and parked next to the stadium. I was gone 2-3 hrs and came back out, started up truck and hear insanely loud ticking. Look under truck and exhaust pipe behind the passenger side manifold is cut 1/2 way through. It appears some thieves attempted to steal my cats but then gave up due to the inaccessibility of them. So way to go Nissan for your hand crushing designs, you saved my cats. Cost 10 bucks to get the cuts welded up.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I would think a socket wrench would be quieter. 8 bolts, cut the O2 wires and you're done. Now what would really be funny is for those losers to cut out a set of resonators and try to sell them.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Ha, typical Arizona thieves!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Glendale AZ must be more of a ghetto than So. Cal. Is it even legal to sell catalytic converters to a recyling place now? I would think they would question you up the ying yang on why you were scrapping a converter off a fairly new vehicle for money. I bet it was probably illegals with a friendly scrap place south of the border or something...

Reactions: T-Dog23

·
Registered
233 Posts
I really hate people...one day I'll spend time in jail for catching someone doing this.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Even if it's not my truck if I see someone do this I'll go crazy one them

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
267 Posts
Back in January, we had come cars at work that had their cats cut out in the parking lot. Boeing security contacted Mesa PD and apparently this is an ongoing gig. Who-woulda-thunk..

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Damn dude, how much do they even go for? What's the metal again they're after?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Damn dude, how much do they even go for? What's the metal again they're after?
Palladium is the metal in catalytic convertors. Not sure how much they go for down here. For some reason I'm thinking around $175 to $200.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Damn Meth heads ..

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I plan on ordering DT LT's and I came across a recent post about selling cats, got me thinking I can make some $ back on the headers. I called a few local junk/salvage yards and so far nobody is interested in buying them. I'll call some metal recyclers to check if they buy cats.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah they are lucky I didn't catch them. The metal thieves are crazy around here. My boss had the cat cut off his Tacoma up in Scottsdale in our parking lot with the security guard walking around. They reviewed the camera footage and the guys cut off the cat in under a minute and were gone.

·
Registered
183 Posts
palladium and platinum are the metals in them... i sold 2 off of my 99 Camaro SS for $100 a piece. they were fairly small. i think bigger truck cats go for upwards of $200...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I really hate people...one day I'll spend time in jail for catching someone doing this.
I hear ya. My worst fear is that I will catch someone in the act. Being that they are hardened criminals, they will probably come after me since I would be calling the police. I would therefore have to draw and defend myself since they would probably have a sawzall or wrench.

I would feel so bad...really I would.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I hear ya. My worst fear is that I will catch someone in the act. Being that they are hardened criminals, they will probably come after me since I would be calling the police. I would therefore have to draw and defend myself since they would probably have a sawzall or wrench.

I would feel so bad...really I would.
Can I talk you into moving into my neighborhood? You would fit right it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Can I talk you into moving into my neighborhood? You would fit right it.
I'm sure most of those posting would only act out of self defense. Considering in most municipalities, it's ILLEGAL to use deadly force unless it's in defense of life or serious bodily harm.

Now with that said, all of us on TT would never act unless it's out of self defense. Especially posting about it in a public forum.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd take a chance with a jury or judge on that. Someone breaks into my house or messes with my stuff they are getting an *** beating if I catch them. You just have to get your story right with the police and it shouldn't be a big deal or move to Texas where they actually advocate for the victims.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
You didn't go to the Brewers park in crappy Maryvale did you? :)

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
t-dog23 you would hate on glendale bein ghetto....haha ^^^^maryvale ftw lol. thats where i was born...sooo ghetto. its all about tolleson... scottsdale cant touch us ha!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You didn't go to the Brewers park in crappy Maryvale did you? :)
Yes, I had free tickets otherwise I wouldn't have. My rule is stay north of Northern ave normally.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts