Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm having a problem with my 04 2wd titan. Cat converter (the one on the manifold passenger side) is bad. What options do I have to get this fixed without paying $600 for the part from the dealer. I have a friend that will help out with the install. I have tried doing some research on this but all I'm finding is for 04-06 4wd. Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got my headers\cats replaced free of charge with the 8 year\80,000 mile federal emissions warranty. If you have less than 80k just let Nissan do it.

The exhaust manifolds\headers\cats are all one piece...

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Reason to go with headers..

L

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
gut your primary cats :), run non faulers on secondary 02 sensors (30 dollars for both)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will this pass smog test, if not I guess I have a year before I need to worry about that. thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
gut your primary cats :), run non faulers on secondary 02 sensors (30 dollars for both)
To gut primary cats...??? Where do u start there...been trying to find somewhere here on the forum to do that...sorry if I'm TJ'n!!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
unbolt b pipes, so when you look under the truck its the first set of bolts at the stock manifolds closest to the motor......when you get the b pipes unbolted (10 bolts) start chipping the primary cats away...took me about 30 minutes per cat

·
Registered
71 Posts
How about o2 sensors ? Would they still throw codes ? My both cats are gone because of IPDM failed and nissan refused to fix it even my truck falls under recal and they didn't contact me. Just looking for cheap fix for now.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
run non faulers=no codes! :bangit:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well I thought everything was working great until today. Drove truck for about 2.5 hrs today and then it started acting up again. Cats are gutted. Could this be the IPDM. I have had the relay swapped. Any one have the link for the non faulers

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
deerslayer made a post about them, he told me autozone has them for 15.00

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2006 nissan titan is losing power the front passenger and rear driver side catalytic convertors are gutted. After about 30 mins of driving i lose power when pushing the gas. If i do non foulers on the fronts will it help my powerloss problems

·
Registered
456 Posts
my 2006 nissan titan is losing power the front passenger and rear driver side catalytic convertors are gutted. After about 30 mins of driving i lose power when pushing the gas. If i do non foulers on the fronts will it help my powerloss problems
Id get headers and bpipes to fix it right. The guys at cajun bpipes.com have the best deal and your truck will have plenty of power when its done.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Vendor
7,924 Posts
I would have the afr's checked or get it tuned or you could have a lean issue causing engine damage. Uprev is the only way to get tuned and Cajun can help you there and kill the cel for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would have the afr's checked or get it tuned or you could have a lean issue causing engine damage. Uprev is the only way to get tuned and Cajun can help you there and kill the cel for you.
I spoke with you guys (Jeff) last week and because I'm in CA you explained that my options are extremely limited. After some research I found CARB compliant headers (JBA Shorties) and CARB compliant stand alone CATS (Valina) so I can pass SMOG. Its getting hard to find a "guy" otherwise I'd get long tubes and catted b-pipes...:wink: They are scheduled to go in tomorrow. A couple questions I have for you are: Is your UpRev legal to use in CA also which exhaust system would compliment the setup I'm going to be running? Thanks for your help and my apologies to the OP for the thread HiJack.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts