Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. im new here. took my truck on a 3 hour drive thru the mountains and it started to act like a fuel filter was stopped up. turned it off. started back no problems. got 5 miles and it started again. no service lights. no nothing. try to thottle up and it derates. turned of for 5 seconds and ran good till i got another 5 or so miles. i saw on your sight possibly ipdm relay. swapped and it did same thing. the next day it ran fine till i got about 50 miles into trip and it done it again. ive been going thru this sight and i read what scares the hell outta me about the cats. i have no warranty being i got 166k on it. i changed spark plugs. cleaned thottle body. cleand maf sensor... now i got a code p0430. which is the cats. is there a resonably priced solution for these. or am i screwed? :bangit:

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
The p0430 is a cat code, catalyst system below threshold.

I think your cats are going bad, if its just happening now w/ 166K on it. I would get a set of long tube headers & illuminate the cats all together or replace the cat's with high flows, but to do that your going to have to remove the OEM exhaust manifolds anyway.

Good luck & keep us posted!

Reactions: suprguru

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
If you do what gweasel said, you won't have to worry about cracked manifolds either. Longtubes are around $600, cats are like 80 a piece (IIRC) then install. Replace them before SHTF haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man ya'll quick!!!!! i sure appreciate it!!!!! gweasel77.... StormTroopin... ya'll the real deal!!! now where can i find these long tube headers and cats... ya'll got a good source or recomendation??? BIG THANX BROTHERS!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
You get used to the quick responses around here :D

Honestly, I have no idea where to get either... I've still got truetrac and a lift to get before I go down that road haha. Lots of guys run magnaflow high flow cats, and doug thorley long tubes.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Damn, those are high!! So you would still recommend the 2.25 instead of 2.5" cats with headers?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Yes, 2.25" same as the collectors on your headers.

Reactions: j_vizzle

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Gweasel!! You da man!! Im learning allot on here. I should have been on here a long time ago!!!!

Reactions: gweasel77
1 - 9 of 9 Posts