Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of cats, perferably ones I can weld into my B-pipes since I gutted my stock manifolds. I remember seeing some on here awhile back. Let me know what you guys have!

Emissions are up this month :(

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its already done in my stock b-pipes but a rich condition due to a bad A/F sensor on one bank killed one of the cats so I bought some walker b-pipes to put new cats in.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
OK, I think it'll still be better to use your OEM B Pipes to make the cat'd B pipes to pass emissions... Either way you go, here's what you need to do...
1) cut the B Pipe 2" in front of the O2 bung and at the entry of the OEM Cat or Walker resonator.
2) cut off the end pipe sections at the cat/reso exits.
3) weld New Cats to the forward bent B Pipe section.
4) weld the O2 bung section to the exit of the New Cat.
5) weld on the end section of B Pipe.
Now you have a forward cat, rear O2, B Pipe that will get proper A/F reading from the exhaust passing through the cats and you should be SES free...
Best thing to do for cat's is to get some Magnaflow Metal Core Hi Flow Cats (#59555). Here's MF's link: MagnaFlow Catalytic Converters - 49-STATE & CANADA Catalytic Converters For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are already set up like that.. But since one of the cats went bad I didnt wanna cut them all up again since they were in poor shape anyways and not as clean as I want them to be which is why I bought the used walkers.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right.. I don't understand where you're getting at.. my b-pipes right now currently have aftermarket magnaflow cats in them I plugged the forward o2 bung and welded one in behind the cat... my forward A/F sensor heater went bad which told the computer it was leaning out so it dumped more fuel in that bank, burnt up the cat im assuming so that leads me to where im at now... already replaced the bad sensor now im working on my new b-pipes.. im fully aware on how the system works.. I don't feel like spending $180 a piece on cats, if I was going to do that I wouldn't eve waste my time and would've just bought the berks.. I think this time around ill just get one of the magnaflows that have the o2 bung already in it.

So still looking for cats..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts