Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my birthday my dad said he would hook me up and get me some rims for my truck. He called me the next day and said that some people at his work said that aftermarket rims would screw up alignment, shocks, etc. I HIGHLY doubt anything serious could happen, I mean look at all the people on the roads with aftermarket rims... and they look like there doin just fine. So please give me your input about this. Will aftermarket rims screw up my truck?

·
Registered
792 Posts
if they arent balanced right i can see them causing some damage, but take it to a good shop that can mount and balance the tires correctly you should be just fine. as for the shocks, the heavier rims and tires can cause them to wear faster, but still not really anything to worry about immediately. the stock shocks on our trucks are usually only good for up to like 50k anyways.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
if they arent balanced right i can see them causing some damage, but take it to a good shop that can mount and balance the tires correctly you should be just fine. as for the shocks, the heavier rims and tires can cause them to wear faster, but still not really anything to worry about immediately. the stock shocks on our trucks are usually only good for up to like 50k anyways.

x2 on that... glad i have a pro-comp stage two kit now =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts